Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Anyone know any good fuse taps (other than add-a-circuit)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
HCF Member
Default Anyone know any good fuse taps (other than add-a-circuit)

I need to hook up my underbody neon LEDs to my interior fuse box. The only problem is i need some weird piece for the "option" slots in the fuse box. So instead i want to just use a fuse tap similar to the Add-a-circuit one. The add-a-circuit fuse tap i bought can only support up to 10amps (im pretty sure there are no other models), i need a atleast 15a fuse tap. Does anyone know any good ones?

Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Default RE: Anyone know any good fuse taps (other than add-a-circuit)

u could always just buy a fused distributor block and add an inline switch that u install in ur dash .. this is what i was considering doing for my guages and my DSP before i wrecked my car.. same thing ill be doing though once i find another.. im just gonna run another 8 gauge to a distributor block and tap off of that

Old 04-18-2006, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

hmm i want to do the least amount of wiring as possible .. if i bought a fuse distributor block i would still have to run an "additional" wire from my battery right?

Old 04-18-2006, 05:22 PM

go to shucks.. they have a fuse tap that lets you plug just one wire in and it can support i think as much as you want.. not use.. used it with some neons in my celica that i took out

Old 04-18-2006, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 99civicEX

go to shucks.. they have a fuse tap that lets you plug just one wire in and it can support i think as much as you want.. not use.. used it with some neons in my celica that i took out
Is shucks a store or an online store or something, link please, and why did you take your neons out of your celica.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

best bet for underbody neons is to tap off your headlight + and a ground to switch on a relay and run a wire from the battery + (with in-line fuse) to the relay then from relay to the + side of the neon, and then ground the neon, then they will come on when you turn on your lights. if you dont want them on all the time, then it can be done another way, by only running two small wires in for a switch. relays are your best bet.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Vexorg

ORIGINAL: 99civicEX

Is shucks a store or an online store or something, link please, and why did you take your neons out of your celica.
its a store.. the reason i took them out cuz i used like a plastic clamp thing and they melted it lol... and if the headlights on the civic are anything like the celica (me not knowing since this is my friends acccount ) then and the turn on automatically when the car starts then i would tap it to the tail lights.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:40 AM
HCF Member

Ok the only real problem im facing is that i need a way to connect the lights to a power source. So you guys think that i should splice the wire to the tail or head lights and attach them like that ? I was hoping for a solution that would allow me to attach them to the fuse box.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

you dont need to tap off the tail light or headlight if you want to have it turned on by a switch, i would just use a relay and run just 2 small wires inside the car (18 gauge). i can drw you a diagram if you want.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

Here is the diagram for doing it with a switch inside the car.

Quick Reply: Anyone know any good fuse taps (other than add-a-circuit)