Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Being Installed!! ( I HAVE PICS )

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
HCF Member
Default Being Installed!! ( I HAVE PICS )

Ok, I have been working on my system for quite a while now and I am finally getting it installed! I also got a Viper 5000 car alarm for Christmas and thats going in too. Everything I have - Alpine cda-9855 h/u - installed already, Optima Yellowtop battery - installed already, Alpine front component speakers with tweeters and crossovers - spr-17ls (350W peak;75W rms), Alpine rear coaxial speakers - spr-69lp (275W peak;55W rms), Alpine 4 channel amp for speakers - mrp-f240 (360W peak;50Wx4), Alpine mono amp for subs - mrd-m1005 (1000W), Alpine subs (2) - swr-1222d (1500Wpeak;500W rms), slot ported 12" box for the two 12's, Stinger amp kit with 1.2 farad capacitator - swckh42, Dynamat bulk pack (36 sq. ft. - 9sheets ), and the Viper 5000. All of this is going in my Civic SI tomorrow. I am ready to get this all over with so I can save and buy other stuff for my car. I sure hope everything works properly and goes well. I should have pics up sometime tomorrow night. Until then, here - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jhspla...=/8671&.view=t

Old 01-06-2006, 10:51 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Being Installed!!

nice, thats alot of work to install everything at once, i have the same alarm as you just installed...there sweet, and i dont think your going to be dissipoted in the Type R's, my buddy has 2 of thos and thos things slam

Old 01-06-2006, 12:02 PM
HCF Member

yea i had to be at the shop this morning at 9 and they are probably going to start on it when they get a h/u installed in another car. the guy said that since i have dynamat to get installed that it will probably run over until tomorrow sometime. kinda sucks but i want it done good and right. so i will have pics whenever i get my car back...until then i can only imagine how much better its going to sound!! with the alarm, is there anything i should worry about or do anything to? thanks

Old 01-06-2006, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

Jesus dude. Thats a ton of stuff.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

holy crap on a stick someone had to rob a bank for that much stuff. But it will definitly be sweet when said and done

Old 01-06-2006, 11:46 PM
HCF Member

lol guys, im by far not rich and this is my 1st system. i wanted to go pretty big with it too!! i have been saving for a while now and it is finally going to pay off - well atleast i hope, and ill see sometime tomorrow too! and tomorrow night im goin to the movies with alot of people and ALL of the fine girls are ridin with me...LOL im gonna give em a message - whoever sits in the back seat that is. ill just throw my friend thats suppose to be riding with me in the trunk and tell HIM to have fun. lol...ill have pics tomorrow and a review of what I THINK.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:04 AM
HCF Member

Personally i think that box is going to sound like crap, i would use a sealed, those are Alpine Type R's., good *** subs. Ported boxes are applications where you need slammin bass from low wattage.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:14 AM
HCF Member

i realize i said id have pics today...well, i dont. i didnt get my car back until 5:15 this afternoon and went straight to meet some people at the movies. i must say, this system sounds VERY good and it can get VERY loud. actually, the box sounds really good. i listened to them in a sealed box and they didnt hit nearly as hard and didnt sound as good. i can turn the subs down through my h/u and believe me, i do. uhh, i dont know what else to say besides its freakin AWESOME! maybe its because its my 1st system and i had stock speakers or somethin. i dunno, and oh yea, the alarm is very cool too. ill have pics after i get it all cleaned up tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

i finally got a chance to get some pics and upload them. here they are - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jhspla...ya08/my_photos the front type r speaker installed starts the new ones. tell me what you think about the how the guys did it. i told them where i wanted everything and i think they put it together well. they also had to cut out a board and put it in my trunk because i never had one to begin with. the trunk is dynamatted, rear speaker panel, and some in the doors. all of the stuff matches my car really good too!

Old 01-08-2006, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

ahh, the single life.

i remember when i used to spend mad money on stereo equipment. now i just spend all my money on bills. lol.

nice set up btw.

Quick Reply: Being Installed!! ( I HAVE PICS )