Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

best car alarm around?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 06:54 PM
HCF Member
Default best car alarm around?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

isnot it AWESOME?
I need some feedback b4 purchasing this alarm!

Old 10-10-2006, 07:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: best car alarm around?

sounds pretty amazing to me, i just actually found out about these types of alarms after i got mine installed..pretty upset that i didnt go with one of thos instead (its a different company tho). I have never heard of that alarm company, but for $140 you cant go wrong...

Old 10-10-2006, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

i got a vids. too.
the company is in Thailand.

you think this will work as described tho?

Old 10-10-2006, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

Depends on where you live. Do you get service where you usually leave your car?

Old 10-10-2006, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

good services....I mean do you think the system is good? effective and etc...should I try?

Old 10-10-2006, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

I guess it can't hurt. An alarm is really only to protect the things inside your car and by the time it calls you and you can do anything be sure that thief is several miles away. I would invest in a really good immobalizer and lojack before I would buy something like this. That's just me though.

My MINI has a really good immobalizer built into the frame rails and lojack but no alarm and it's really nice to never have to worry about it not being there when I get back. Even if they break in, they can't steal it and I never keep anything valuable in my car, that's just asking for it.

But, if this alarm is what floats your boat, go for it. As far as alarms go it's pretty neat I guess.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

thanks bro...
I buy it and see how it works...the BIN is 200 bucks...pretty cheap for a GPS and GSM capable alarm.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i dont think so!
if your car is gonna be left for awhile just take your spark plug wires for common thief...

BUT ive always said that alarms are only as good as they are instaled... and then they only prevent COMMON thieves!!!!!!
does not prevent very many smash and grabs...
lets face it... your greatest alarm system is FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE......

anything else is a risk!
all it takes to steal a complete car is a trailer, a winch and a truck to pull the trailer..
or even a tow truck........

basicaly if they want your car they can get it no matter how much money you have in a alarm! or even GPS stuff....... all they realy need is a nice trailer with some tools and they could strip your car while driving on the freeway and simply dump the remanding car out the back and set it on fire for a kick......

unless you buy a military GPS unit and put into the car hidden and powered properly anyone can steal your car! best thing you can do is lock it up in a garage...LOL

Old 10-12-2006, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

I guess it can't hurt. An alarm is really only to protect the things inside your car and by the time it calls you and you can do anything be sure that thief is several miles away. I would invest in a really good immobalizer and lojack before I would buy something like this. That's just me though.

My MINI has a really good immobalizer built into the frame rails and lojack but no alarm and it's really nice to never have to worry about it not being there when I get back. Even if they break in, they can't steal it and I never keep anything valuable in my car, that's just asking for it.

But, if this alarm is what floats your boat, go for it. As far as alarms go it's pretty neat I guess.
what exactly does the immobalizer do?

Old 10-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

it kills the fuel pump relay..........

pointless if your cars on a trailer geting towed away.......

Quick Reply: best car alarm around?