HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual & Electronics (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   buzzing from speakers (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/buzzing-speakers-40869/)

03civiclxcoupe 03-25-2007 05:55 PM

buzzing from speakers

i get a buzzing noise from all my speakers and my tweeters only when the car is on....is this just a bad ground on the 4 channel amp..becuase i can turn up the gain so its loud with no distoirtion or anything but then when i turn on the car the speakers all buzz..u can only hear the buzz at low volumes. the buzz doesn't get louder with the volume

so is this a bad ground?

n8te81 03-25-2007 05:59 PM

RE: buzzing from speakers

i think it could be the ground but im not for sure...i have the same thing coming from my rear speakers but i havnet go to mess with it and find out the real reason....I know what you mean though cause when i turn it up it goes away.It doesnt happen all the time though.

Caine714 03-25-2007 07:05 PM

u need to buy an adapter that will reduce the noise.
idk if it works or if it will get rid of all of the noise
but i saw it at radio shack last nite.

n8te81 03-25-2007 07:34 PM

are you talking about a ground loop isolator???

Stumasters 03-25-2007 09:35 PM

yeah, that might help, but if you didnt notice the buzzing before you installed your 4 channel then I would focus on the amp grounds and speaker connections. The buzzing is most likely a ground, unless it was present before your amp installs.

n8te81 03-25-2007 09:40 PM

mine was present even before so i need to check my grounds i just havent had the time....its wierd cause sometimes my brake when i press on it has something to do with the noise coming from my 6x9's...lol

03civiclxcoupe 03-26-2007 08:45 AM

it wasn't there when i got my amp installed it showed up after a while

theonecalledtodd 03-26-2007 04:05 PM

check the grounds and also make sure your RCA cables arent run with the other cable, that can induce noice into the speakers (i skimmed the post sorry if i miss something, lol)
[align=left] [/align]

cpl rampage 03-26-2007 06:25 PM

might be a faulty alternator / regulator circuit, i know that in my dads car he has the volume really high because his tape input is really low, and if he isnt playing anything you can hear the the engine in the spekars, as it reves the sound speeds up too, its not cause of a bad alt in this case, but maby in urs it is. like everyone else said, check the easy stuff like groundingl, and then maby get a ground isoloator, and then check out the alternator

03civiclxcoupe 03-27-2007 08:14 PM

if it was because the RCAs were run with the other cables wouldn't that have been something that has been happening from the beggining? it just started about maybe a month or 2 after getting tha mp installed and then i thought the spaekrs were blown but i was wrong

theonecalledtodd 03-27-2007 08:51 PM

like i said, i skimmed the top i just spit out an idea, ummmmm, ground sounds like the best answer, all though it could still be the rca's and you just didnt notice it until you actually payed attention, if i were you, ide hit the easy options first and work my way through to the more difficult ones to fix,
[align=left] [/align]

my05civic 03-28-2007 08:38 AM

i have stock speakers and i get like buzzing/clicking sounds sometimes when i'm playing the volume low...

FlipHKD720 03-28-2007 01:42 PM

^ might be running amp power/remote/RCAs too close to your speaker wires

my05civic 03-28-2007 05:27 PM

i don't have an amp/woofer though

theonecalledtodd 03-29-2007 02:43 PM

the buzzing from speakers is 9 time out of 10 one of three things, take your pick, if it doesnt work rinse and repeat,
1)your rca's are too close to the speaker or power wires, simply run them down the other side of your car
2)your grounds may be messed up, make sure all connections are stable and complete then if necessary isolate ground loops, ect. (not needed most time, just make sure your amp grounds areon BARE metal on the chasis preferably)
3)HOPE ITS NOT THIS, the last thing that is the most probable cause of sound in your speakers is the alt.

FAQ: just for the record, it not horrible for low wattage applications, but dont get into the swing of using the seatbelt bolt as a ground.
[align=left] [/align]

yischrax 03-29-2007 11:10 PM

a few things to add ground loop isolatore is a filter or bandaid do it right and you don't need one. If you are running this 4 channel amp off a stock deck that could be it if your using a highpass to low pass converter. Like said before it could be a bad ground you should be able to grab your ground at any point and pull it little putting 5-10lbs of pull when yanking on them and shouldn't move from the amp or from the ground spot. The ground shouldn't be over 18 inches long too and be same size wire as the power wire. I have also seen where it is the remote wire making it have engine noise try taking off the remote wire and jumping the amp turn on with the power input see if that makes a difrence. Other times even when ran properly cheap RCA's can cause noise. To get around the ground loop is that is the problem run a second ground just needs to be the size of the remote wire to the CD player and ground it off with the cd player that is all you need to do if it is a ground loop. All a ground loop is caused by is having to much resistance between where the amp is grounded and the cd player is grounded so by adding a wire directly too it you have a solid ground between the two and the deck dosen't take much power so you can ground it that way just keep both grounds grounded where they are and add the other wire in. If it is the remote wire use the acc power as your remote wire.

03civiclxcoupe 04-04-2007 06:37 PM

void this post

03civiclxcoupe 04-07-2007 07:30 PM

could it be power and ground wire are tied together after leaving the amp?

03civiclxcoupe 04-07-2007 07:36 PM

it all started one day when i went to a local shop called audiowerks and they retuned my amp for me for free then it started buzzing so i turned it down and the buzzing woulnd't go away....thats when all the problems started....nothing else was touched he just went in my trunk and adjusted the amp....and its not blown spaekrs or blown amp because..i put it new speakers and new amp with the warranty and it didn't solve the problem...what could it possibly be

03civiclxcoupe 04-07-2007 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: yischrax

try taking off the remote wire and jumping the amp turn on with the power input see if that makes a difrence.

explain??

03civiclxcoupe 04-09-2007 07:49 PM

bump

cpl rampage 04-09-2007 08:00 PM

right now u hace a single wire that runs to the amp from the radio to turn it on only when the radio is on. what he is saying is disconnect this wire and try "jumpstaring" the amp by wiring up a manual switch.

03civiclxcoupe 04-09-2007 08:04 PM

oooh so if i do that will i be able to turn off the amp and just run off the deck....and how dso i do than what do i run to power ground and the other thing on the swtich

cpl rampage 04-10-2007 02:26 PM

just go to the amp and disconect the remote on wire, it is the really thin one inbetween the power and ground wires. then jupstart the amp by connecting the remote on terminal to the powerwire, using another peice of wire, or switch. then turn on the radio and check for the buzzing

03civiclxcoupe 04-10-2007 07:36 PM

ooh that was much easier said...i kno about this kind of stuff it was just the wording that was confusing...so disconnect the REM and use a pice of wire from the REM on the amp to the power on the amp? and if that solves the problem what do i do because wouldn't leaving it like that have the amp be always on?

cpl rampage 04-10-2007 07:46 PM

if that works, i would first try to rerout the remote wire, or get a better sheilded one. if that doesnt work, u could try hooking the wire upto the ACC lead.

03civiclxcoupe 04-12-2007 08:39 AM

ok i tried the thing with the REM line that didn't work...I also tried some things from crutchfield like taking the cd player out of the dash while its still connected to see if its being radiated at that point but that didn't change anything either...i also tried new RCA's but that didn't help....what next?!?!

cpl rampage 04-12-2007 10:16 AM

im not sure if this was asked before, but does it do it when the car is off?, and u only have the key in the acc position. if it only buzzes when the car is on it is most likely a bad alternator, or inadiquit sheilding on your sparkplug wires, are u rinning aftermarket plug wires?

03civiclxcoupe 04-13-2007 11:24 AM

no my spark plugs are the ones that came in the car too and yes it only happens when the engine is running

maybe i need new spark plugs they have about 41k miles on them? could that be it?

cpl rampage 04-13-2007 01:07 PM

sparkplugs most likely wont cause it, but with 40K on em i would replace em anyways, u may need to have the alternator checked

03civiclxcoupe 04-13-2007 01:25 PM

what a good brand alternator to buy or should i jsut replace the stock one? i dont see any on procivic

03civiclxcoupe 04-13-2007 01:33 PM

or is it way cheaper to get it fixed

cpl rampage 04-13-2007 01:54 PM

i dk, in think advanced or autozone can check em for yah, u just need to bring it to them, ask em tho

03civiclxcoupe 04-16-2007 03:36 PM

some one told me to try a resistor on the power wire to the cd player

cpl rampage 04-16-2007 03:52 PM

i wouldnt think that would help, if anything, a small capasitor to smooth out the entering voltage, but that only hides the problem, it doesnt fix it, since it only does it when the car is runnign, it leads me to beleive its the alt or spark plugs/wires, trys swapping out wires if you have a friend and see if that helps

the727kid 04-16-2007 07:29 PM

Engine noise through speakers? I didn't read the whole thread.

Anyways, do you have a Pioneer HU? If so that's your problem.

03civiclxcoupe 04-16-2007 09:56 PM

no i have an alpine

and i have stock spark wires...does that matter

the727kid 04-16-2007 10:03 PM

Nothing to do with it.

Few things to try

1. Unplug your RCAs see if you still get the sound.

2. Re-ground your HU. I imagine you used the ground from the factory harness. Get a ring terminal and attach it to the ground wire and attach the ground wire to the frame of the car behind the dash (sand it down to bare metal first)

3. Are your power and RCAs onthe same side...if you have cheap RCAs this could be the problem.

03civiclxcoupe 04-28-2007 01:22 PM

i got my alternator checked by autozone they said it was fine

should i get new spark plugs?

the727kid 04-28-2007 02:33 PM

Check the other thread where the guy had engine noise problems, I posted a link for common solutions.