Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

cant get my honda radio to take code

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:16 AM
HCF Member
Default cant get my honda radio to take code

Hello everyone. I have bought another radio from ebay and was waiting for code to be sent to me cause I was dumb enough to purchase the code on ebay. Anyway I was messing around with it and of course entered the code for my other radio to see if it would work. Since then all it does is flash "code" and wont allow me to enter another code. I have tried to leave it dissconnected for a while, and also shorting out the neg and power wires while the powersupply was turned off. The radio is on my bench right now hooked up to a radioshack 12v power supply. My other ebay honda radio worked fine this way. I would love to test this radio to be sure it works before I try to install it, but if I cant enter the code that I obtained from honda dealer I went to, then I dont know what to do. I called 2 honda dealerships and they said dissconnect the battery for about 10 minutes, well, I would think shutting off the powersupply is the same thing, only this radio must be pissed off or something. any other suggestions would be very helpful

Old 09-19-2007, 07:21 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: cant get my honda radio to take code

p/n 39100-s2a-a701 and bar code with serial no. is cljcga440007428 then manufactured NCL4K and in small letters part no. 286.6339.02..Im not sure what this came out of

Old 09-19-2007, 07:24 AM
HCF Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=019
here is the link in ebay of the radio and what it looks like

Old 09-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Recognized HCF Member

I think that you now have to leave the radio on for at least an hour without pressing any buttons, then it will reset and let you enter a code again.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

- did you try disconnecting the battery, or just turning off power supply, need to disconnect from battery

Old 09-19-2007, 11:04 AM

ok I finally got it to accept the code. the side of the radio was dented a little preventing the am fm button from releasing. How heres the issues at hand. I have a 2002 radio that works all around and the same plug I bought from the junkyard will fit this radio pictured in the link in my above post. Are the speaker wires the same ones, because I can only get wire to work and thats grounding the other speaker wire to the case of the radio. none of the other wires even do this. I even tried to put both speaker wires on the radios one wire that worked and then tried to put both speaker wires on both radio speaker wires and it worked for a little bit, but cant get any other channels wires to work at all. ohyea and I finally got into my main honda account. the mr honda is what I created after giving up trying to reset passwords..why have a reset password option or forgot password option if it always says too many arguments specified error

Old 09-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Recognized HCF Member

You probably have a bad radio if it won't output to all the speakers (thanks for shopping ebay!). You could pop it open and try resoldering all the pins at the car harness plug and anything else that looks suspect inside. Don't interconnect or ground any wires.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 AM

wow messing around some more I can get the channels to work but if I turn the radio up past number28 out of 40 on the volume scale, the audio goes away..is there an overload built into this radio? the 2002 civic radio doesnt do this. I would put the 2002 in my civic but it is a 1995 and this one looks like it will fit easier. I havnt seen anymore on ebay like this

Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 AM

well I did notice that the heatsink does get very hot. Well anyway the 2002 does work great, time for some face trimming and install............well hats off to britneynaked on ebay thats who I bought it from...........for 14 bucks
cant be too bad since I didnt pay ****loads for the other one.