Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Can't Stop the BEEPING!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:38 AM
Default Can't Stop the BEEPING!!!

I've been looking all over the forum for the answer but haven't found it. Have a 97 Civic SI and whenever you turn the car off, have the keys out of the ignition, and open the door, that beep beep beep sound goes come on (and yes, the headlights are turned off). How do you fix. Is it simply a fuse? It seems as if the cars thinks the keys are still in the ignition. If so, how do you fix that? Is the sensor for this an easy fix?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:12 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Can't Stop the BEEPING!!!

Hmmmm must some sort of defect on the year 97 civic Si. [8D]
Might wanna take it to the dealer.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: gauchoj99

I've been looking all over the forum for the answer but haven't found it. Have a 97 Civic SI and whenever you turn the car off, have the keys out of the ignition, and open the door, that beep beep beep sound goes come on (and yes, the headlights are turned off). How do you fix. Is it simply a fuse? It seems as if the cars thinks the keys are still in the ignition. If so, how do you fix that? Is the sensor for this an easy fix?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
if your from the US you dont have a 97 SI since they didnt make one that year.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:12 AM

[sm=bustedsign.gif] on another note this smiley sucks and one saying owned is much better lol.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

its prolly a connection in the ignition.....because that sound should odviously stop when the keys are out...(with lights off) its funny that you want to fix that proplem, and i want the beeper gone...(but i kinda dont cuz of the "lights still on tone") it would have to say a connection in the ignition.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
HCF Member

theres a fuse for it somehwere, is it the key in the ignition beep? or the headlight beep? Or the beep when you first start your car?

Old 04-25-2007, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the727kid

[sm=bustedsign.gif] on another note this smiley sucks and one saying owned is much better lol.
[sm=bustedsign.gif] Look harder next time then

[sm=owned.gif]

Old 04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
HCF Member

[sm=chairshot.gif]< owned haha

anyway, gaucho what kind of beeping is it? Each one has a fuse i imagine.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

Does it stop when you shut the door?

Old 04-25-2007, 02:09 PM

The beeping is definiately some sort of warning like you left the lights on or key is in ignition. It is very different from the beeping you get when starting the car.

Beeping stops when door is shut, key in the ignition or not. It only does the beeping when the door is opened, engine offwith the keys out of the ignition or not.

Kind of beeping? It's that "beep beep beep" over and over. Very annoying. The thing is, I don't want to go to the dealer (just don't like to) seems like it could be a simple fix and I really don't want to remove it altogether as I would like it to beep at me if I left the lights on for example (which I've done from time to time).

To follow up with an earlier comment, I'm from US, my civicis a non-US model. Aryiman was correct that Si was not made in US for this year. I believe that it is comparable to the US version of the EX (from the research I've done).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't Stop the BEEPING!!!