Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Cigarette Lighter Slot doesn't work...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
HCF Member
Default Cigarette Lighter Slot doesn't work...

I installed my foglights a while back and my cigarette lighter slot thing worked, but now when i plug in my radar detector, it doesn't work. is there something i should check? what fuses?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cigarette Lighter Slot doesn't work...

there should actually be a fuse labeled for the cigarette lighter. if not check the ones that are for accesory or somethin along those lines. but i'm pretty sure its gonna be a fuse. and also dont forget that there are some fuses under the hood so check those too.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:10 PM
HCF Member

if its not a fuse its simply just a wire came un plugged but theres a really good chance its only a fuse

Old 07-18-2007, 04:13 AM
HCF Member

have you looked at the cig lighter yet? to make sure all the wires are still connected. in my civic those wires came out so quick and easy. just a big bump could disconnect them. personally i cant see why hookin up your fog lights would blow the fuse for your cig lighter...but i dont know exactly how you hooked it up.. so im not sure. good luck with that tho. let us know how it turns out.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:01 AM
HCF Member

is there a good way to look into the wire beside pulling put the entire center console? the trim pieces are a bitch to get off and last time i almost cracked on (right now there's a white line from the tension of the pull).

Old 07-18-2007, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

unscrew them first?? its like 4 screws to take off. no big deal.

**EDIT**
just kidding. im not sure about 05. i had an EK. and its gunna be a lot different for your car. i cant imagine it would be that hard tho..

Old 07-18-2007, 10:10 AM
HCF Member

i have an 02 civic coupe and the dash peice is the same. it was super easy for me to pull mine out, i just grabbed the sides and just pulled toward me unitl the pice came out? if you have the one with the flip down cup holder thing then im not sure cuz i have the normal cup holders without the arm rest console. what do you have?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 AM
HCF Member

i have the flip holder with the arm rest....

Old 07-19-2007, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

Does anyone know of an easy way to remove the slot holder that is next to the accessroy slot? it's easy to punch out from the other side, but i really don't wanna remove the trim pieces, since a piece will definitely snap.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

na man im not sure, do you have or know anyone that has a hanes manual, cuz i dunno i wouldnt go buy one just to do that, or you could buy it then return it when your done haha

Quick Reply: Cigarette Lighter Slot doesn't work...