Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

cluttered battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:14 AM
HCF Member
Default cluttered battery

my battery is quite cluttered from all the wires i have going to it for accessories (LED's, neons, fog lights) and i was wondering what i could do to have it so all those extra wires just go to 1 central wire coming off the battery, or can i not do that? i'm not too sure.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:27 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: cluttered battery

do you have stock terminals or do you already have some of these???

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMa...ry%20Terminals

Old 03-26-2007, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

stock. but im not looking into getting anything like that. if i could just run a wire from my battery, to say a seperate place to attach each wire... that would be good. any ideas?

Old 03-26-2007, 06:32 AM
HCF Member

You could run 1 wire to a smaller distribution block inside the car, secure it to the firewal, and plug up your led's and all that to the outputs of the terminal. Get a ground terminal if needed, they are smaller sometimes. Just run an 8 gauge hot to the input, and run your other wires to the outputs. Usualy they are 8-6 gauge though, so you might need to secure some big bullet connectors onto your power wires, and tighten them down in the block.

If you have a question as to what I am talking about lemme know I will try and paint something. Everyone loves my paint skillz, lol.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

http://www.painlesswiring.com/webcat...SearchField=14

Cirkit BOSS Auxiliary Fuse Block.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Super Cereal Admin

If I'm correct (it's been a while since I did any wiring, and I don't think about things when I do them; I just do it), I think you need as many positives as you have switches, but you can just use one negative ground. I ran all my positives to the positive terminal, and the negative to the battery's negative ground wire.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
HCF Member

As long as you keep upgrading your fuse you can run as many LEDs and whatever off one 12V line. LEDs take a very small amount of power so you won't need a big wire or fuse.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:23 AM
HCF Member

stu and amg thanks alot. that really helped guys.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 AM
HCF Member

Dang, I love that circuit board, I need one of them if I get into too much more wiring. Thats smoothe!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

for my battery i did several things....
tho i did spend like 100bucks alone on just those terminals and fuses... no wires counted in the cost!
Name:  newcables008.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  46.0 KB

beats the hell outta my cheap terminals i had!
Name:  newcables002.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  56.6 KB

thats just a mess!!!!!

and the way my toys are wired up is a 8gauge wire ran into the car and into a distrobution block... and some simple inline fuses for anything i connected to it...

the only stock wire that is not protected by a main fuse is the starter wire now...
cause any changes to the stock wiring is a risk if its not fused properly.....
PERSONALY i recomend spending the extra cash and protect your ride... ill spend up to 500bucks to save my 8K dollar car.LOL cause if a wire shorts and doesnt blow a fuse it will continue to short and glow RED HOT until it ignites into a fire which will spread thru the engine bay or car burnen it all up and depending WHERE it shorts out depends if you even have 1 % chance of saving it... but either way youll have some computer issues definatly! only takes 30seonds to cost thousands of dollars in damage! and if ya dont think fast or have access to anything to disconect the battery quickly and put out the fire.. well two words.. TOTAL LOSS... and no one wants that!

Quick Reply: cluttered battery