Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Dana's new boom

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Dana's new boom

yeah, Quartz will be great for the cash, if your looking to save some money, (i know you al are tired of hearing me say this) Alpine Type-R's or S's wil be good for the money too

Old 07-10-2006, 03:46 PM

lol, i love hearing all the car ppl talk about speakers like they really have a clue what is going on. Try looking into high end home audio and that make give you a sneak peak at what a real system is. Speakers that run off of actual Quartz crystals suck major ***. to really know a speaker you have to know the Thiele-Small parameters of the speaker. Then what you do is you make a box based on those to optimize speaker performance and get them to play the really low notes, down to like 15-20Hz. Thiele-Small info and Sub Enclosure info finally the end all to sub DIY projects

Old 07-10-2006, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

lol, and i love hearing people that got their info off of a website act like they are pros. Quartz crystals transfer waves (sound) nicely, but are difficult to break down and peice in a way that sound could easily be transfered through them (which explains why you would say quartz crystals suck) but once put in the right allignment that sound wave frequencies could pass through, they give great sound clarity AND can transfer very long waves (low frequencies). This explains why Quartz speakers are expensive (because they are hard to make) but also give a good sound quality and are sought after. Try again some other time my man maybe you wont run into somebody whos worked at a car audio place since age 16

Old 07-10-2006, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: theonecalledtodd

lol, and i love hearing people that got their info off of a website act like they are pros. Quartz crystals transfer waves (sound) nicely, but are difficult to break down and peice in a way that sound could easily be transfered through them (which explains why you would say quartz crystals suck) but once put in the right allignment that sound wave frequencies could pass through, they give great sound clarity AND can transfer very long waves (low frequencies). This explains why Quartz speakers are expensive (because they are hard to make) but also give a good sound quality and are sought after. Try again some other time my man maybe you wont run into somebody whos worked at a car audio place since age 16
hahaha, got my info from a webpage, lol, that info was for everyone that dont really have a clue as to what they are doing, a reference guide. The only Quartz crystal speakers i have used have been tweeters and they blow. The only ones i can find have Quartz cones, but are not actualy quartz crystal subwoofers. Link me up with one. I bet the price is so outrageous that it is pointless to even bother getting them. They also have plasma speakers, but you dont see anyone rushin out to get them. ok, you have been doin car audio since you were 16, so then like 2 years and your a pro already, congrats.

Anyways Dana, what i ment to say before was nice subs just make sure you put them in the right box and you will rox the your whole neighborhood.

P.S. here is a pic of a plasma tweeter, definately looks bad ***!

Old 07-11-2006, 08:21 AM
HCF Member

i wouldnt know about the tweeters (never had a set), i thought we were talking about larger speakers, oh well, everyone like a different sound and i guess thats the name of the game (by the way, im no pro, just know a little bit)

Old 07-11-2006, 09:15 PM

nice pickup, 110 is a good deal for those and a box. i had a set of p2's and i loved them. rockford imo has amazing subs, good job for not going w/ the gay duals or w/e brand has the subs w/ neons in them. my friend has some like that and they are the suck. pics of the install yet?

Old 07-12-2006, 02:40 AM
HCF Member

So they are installed and today I orederd some JBL power series speakers for it, 3-ways for the rear and 2 for the front. Only paid 190$ for them after all said and done so now I am waiting on that and my dynamat

Old 07-12-2006, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

nice pickup...dynamat makes a BIG difference in sound quality on the inside but still doesnt stop the rattles on the outside.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 AM
HCF Member

so the last of my system arrived today thats right my JBL power speakers, so now i just need to upgrade my amp and I will be finished I will have pics in a dar or so of what the whole stereo overhaul included

Old 07-21-2006, 11:31 AM
HCF Member

I have the same type of sub and love it.

All i need to do is dyno matt it

Quick Reply: Dana's new boom