Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

ebay halos?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
HCF Member
Default ebay halos?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...71304829QQrdZ1

what do u think of those for my 03 civic coupe lx- red

how easy is install....and those have blinker and high/low beams and everything right

will it be the same yellowish light at factory just differen setup?

Old 01-04-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ebay halos?

yea i think theyd look pretty nice on there. headlights are NOT hard to install at all. on mine all you have to do is take the front bumper off and then 4 screws to the headlights and get them out. simple wiring plug & play. as far as the lighting goes, those halo headlights will use different bulbs than your stock ones. they come with bulbs though. the rest, all the same.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:02 PM

i have a 2000 ex, and i'm almost positive that you have to take the fenders off to get to the side bolt for the headlight, but on newer models it could be different.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: dacool25

i have a 2000 ex, and i'm almost positive that you have to take the fenders off to get to the side bolt for the headlight, but on newer models it could be different.
No you dont. I made a DIY in our DIY section on installing headlights. Check it out.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

as i said in my post all you have to do is take the bumpef off...i have put on/took off headlights probably 5 times.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

I just installed mine the other day, thanks to his DIY i saved lots of time, I had my bumper off and the lights out and in in alittle under 30 minutes. Sucky thing is I forgot to check the aim before putting everything back on, now my right light is a tad high and to the left. It's impossible to aim my light without taking it back out as the low beam is hidden behind a section of frame :-(

My lights came with installed H1 bulbs, which I am guessing is the norm for most of these projector lights, as they are so small, the H1 bulbs are tiny, almost look too small to do what they do. They, if pre-installed, will probably give off a yellowish type of light, unless the lense is tinted a bit like mine *blue* I am going to put a set of silverstars in next month, they are the same wattage 55w, but bump the color output up to whiter light, they run about 20 bucks each, and your lights will likely have 4 bulbs; 2 high beam 2 low beam.

Looking at your light, far corners will be your turn signals / parking lights *you will want to buy aftermarket amber bulbs for these*. Middle light on each housing is your projected low beam its an H1 most likely, and your bulb closest to the grille will be your high beam, its not projected like the dim, but its plenty bright! The halo's run on LED's i believe, mine do, they can be wired seperately. You will like em, they are pretty neat, they turn heads on the strip here, no one has halo's but me :P

God I ramble.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:32 AM
HCF Member

So, other than the bling factor of the halo, are these any improvements over the OEM ones? Am I going to see better output? Or will it be about the same, with me just putting silverstars in my OEMs?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Red Hot Rider

So, other than the bling factor of the halo, are these any improvements over the OEM ones? Am I going to see better output? Or will it be about the same, with me just putting silverstars in my OEMs?
Bling factor is the biggest thing man. Halos look awesome, and sometime you get a nice colored tint on the headlights, but light output will be the same, if not worse with the Ebay projecotrs [&:](or so i've heard)

Ebay projecotrs are what i have and i love them. Remember to seal them up with silicone so no moisture gets inside, and wire the halos to their own switch (so their not always on)

jhsplaya, you ever get in trouble for having that blue blinker on your projectors? I'm thinking about doin that because my projectors dont have an orange reflector on them, only an orange bulb, so a blue blinker would look sick.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:37 AM

I have a set of ebay halo's and they are great. Like Flip said, make sure you silicone those bad boys or the moisture will definetly make em look terrible. As far as light...I persoanlly think that the light out put was bettter than with the factory lamps...although I was unable to use my HID kit with these lights because they are a 2 bulb setup instead of the regular H4 style single bulb dual element.

I could've gotten another set of ballasts and ran both low and high beams on HID...but dear god it would be some money...

Overall good buy. I think they look incredibly sick.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Also...the blue corners...

In TN, you can get into trouble for that...if the bulb is ACTUALLY BLUE when lit...if it is a bluish white your golden.

Not sure of the laws anywhere else...

Quick Reply: ebay halos?