Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Experiance w/crutchfield

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:54 AM
HCF Member
Default Experiance w/crutchfield

I recently purchased a full system through crutchfield and i thought their service was phenominal. I definitly recommend them to everyone.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Default RE: Experiance w/crutchfield

good to hear. how much was it and what all did you get?

Old 07-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

they do have good service BUT im a cheap @ss....... ill buy over ebay and save a few hundred bucks
LMFAO

Old 07-21-2006, 03:00 PM

I just bought the Pioneer DEH-4800MP from Crutchfied and paid $140 with free shipping, installation kit and harness.

The thing that I like about them is that they also send you instructions on how to take apart the dash, door trim and rear panel to install either the headunit, door speakers or rear speakers. Plus, their customer service is EXCELLENT!

I highly recommend them too! For certain products.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:20 PM

I've purchased stuff though crutchfield before, and I knwo exactly what your talkin about. Great, reliable product, with great customer service. I don't trust ebay. With crutchfield you know exactly what your getting, plus they have a 100% satisfaction guarntee or your money back.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

When you factor in the free shipping, free installation kit, free support and instructions... crutchfield isn't that bad. I order my head units through them because of that... but I order cheaper less complicated stuff like speakers from ebay because they don't require any of that stuff so it's not worth the extra money.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: padresfan1988

I've purchased stuff though crutchfield before, and I knwo exactly what your talkin about. Great, reliable product, with great customer service. I don't trust ebay. With crutchfield you know exactly what your getting, plus they have a 100% satisfaction guarntee or your money back.
It's been a long time since I've done business with them but it was a good experience at the time. I ordered four upgrade speakers, a head unit, 10 disk CD changer, 4-channel amp, and all the usual installation accessories. All of it was Sony equipment except for the speakers. I installed all of this on a '94 T-Bird and the difference in sound was phenominal. The only issue I had was with the amp but that was my fault. I took what seemed like a reasonable short cut while wiring the amp to the car and it caused the units primary circuit breaker to pop all the time. I went back and redid things properly and never any another problems with it.

This was the first time I'd ever done an installation of this magnatude. The time was in the neighborhood of 4 to 5 hours and that included the wiring re-do on the amp. Pricing at the time was around $1,350. I swallowed hard on that one back in 1994 but after hearing the improvement in sound, I was all smiles. It was well worth it!

I agree with the comments about Ebay. I know folks that swear by them but everytime I look at Ebay and then do some serious looking around, as often as not I can find the same or similar product for less. Ebay does have some good deals but you can wind up screwing yourself if your not careful.

FWIW!

Good luck,
Steve R.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:46 PM

Yah there a really good company. I bought some kicker speakers from there and i blew one like almost 6 months later they paid for the shipping back and sent me 2 new ones.