Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Got some LED's, wondered about wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member
Default Got some LED's, wondered about wiring.

Well, I broke down and ordered some individual LED's from Oznium and I have to say I was pleased with the service, i can't wait to get them. I got a T-shirt too because I like to have origional shirts to work in, it makes me happy, leave it alone :-)

Anyway, i am going to try and drill/rig a pair of blue led's in my drink holders, that looked pretty awesome on the site, and wire them up to my dash lights.

Which leads me to a question, if I run these pre-wired LED's to the cluster dimmer switch, will they too dimm when I adjust the lighting? Thats my goal, to have a lit drink holder that I can work with the dimmer. Anyone ever tried it?

Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Got some LED's, wondered about wiring.

by now you know who you need to ask this to..lol....**cough cough addiction cough**

Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like a good project... from my understanding I think you have to make sure the wattage doesnt overpower the LEDs... I am pretty sure addiction2bass will find you and tell you... he is the electrical genius of the forum

Old 02-06-2007, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

yeah they can dim. Addiction and Billyboy both said they "soldered them into the board", and then they work with the dimmer switch. No idea how to do that, but thas what they said.

What site did you see a picture on? I'd really like to see that, i think itd look good

Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 PM
HCF Member

there's pictures of it on oznium.com. in the action shots for the individual LED's

Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

heres what they look like

[IMG]local://upfiles/17918/535F9F8CA5B54B24AE40F8E4BF5FF607.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17918/2283C36516354B3FAE2FF6FF9DAD46F1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2007, 07:51 AM
HCF Member

oh man, that looks sick

Old 02-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya they can just wire into your dimmer switch.... preaty easy..... tho if ya want to be alittle trick you could buy like a used dimmer switch... wire it in so they have thier own dimmer switch.... if youd want them seperate...

and i wouldnt say im the electrical genius or guru..... but i do like my stereo/alarms/ and lighting
after about 10 years of wiring your own stuff ya learn alot of little tricks here and thier.....
ive thought about doing the cup holder lights.... but i think id keep mine on two seperate switches..... that way they wouldnt always be ON blinding ya at night just alittle trick for ya.....

Old 02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, I agree, I think a seperate dimmer sounds better, that way I can control them alone.

I also thought about getting some of those superflux white led's and replacing my horidly dim cabin light thing, I figure 2 of them will give me more light then that junky little bulb will.

I am going to play around a little wiht them, and since Onzium pre-wires some of them, I assume they are essentialy plug and play, right into a 12V wire, would that be correct?

I may break down and get some of the flexible LED underbodies, but I wanted yellow, i am starting to lead towards white, would that look stupid under a black car? I won't get super long strips, just enough to know they are there when I am parked chillin, plus the halo's on my car are white, so I thought they might match up, and look pretty cool.

Any opinions?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

addiction how many switches do you have anyways for everything???...lol

Quick Reply: Got some LED's, wondered about wiring.