Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

to have a capacitor or not..that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: to have a capacitor or not..that is the question

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?...ckages&cur=USD

Look where it says eD PreDesigned Packages

$290 for 1 12 and a amp and it is 100 times better than the stuff you looked at.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

Marty is right. The caps are pretty much a gimic. They dont do much if at all. In comparision its like the stupid horsepower chip littered all over ebay.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

If your lights are already dimming I'd say save the money on the cap and get a beefed up alternator....if it can't keep up a cap isn't going to do jack.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

i still have a sting pro cap. that i bought like 6 years ago. i use it as a shelf decoration

Old 03-20-2006, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

if ur looking for a good deal on subs/amp/box, best buy has a deal right now. two (2) Rockford Punch 1 (P112d4), a dual 12" sealed box, and a Rockford RF2002 2 channel amp. All for like $259. The 10" package is like $239. Lol i work at best buy car audio.
-Shane

Old 03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

Yea crutchfield is a rip. Search on ebay for a minute and ull bury their prices,

Old 03-20-2006, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: 01CivicEX

Lol i work at best buy car audio.
-Shane
*Wields cross and garlic*

Old 03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

*Wields cross and garlic*
lol

Old 03-22-2006, 05:50 PM

being that caps are pretty much a very expensive peice of plastic.
you wouldnt need it still because your system doesnt really need it, i guess they really have them for people that are serious about car audio stuff. more like Alpine products or Polk or some audiobahn stuff.....

but yeah you def dont need one. and a van i doubt is gonna have a good alter. at that haha

Old 03-25-2006, 03:53 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: MichiganRice22

being that caps are pretty much a very expensive peice of plastic.
you wouldnt need it still because your system doesnt really need it, i guess they really have them for people that are serious about car audio stuff. more like Alpine products or Polk or some audiobahn stuff.....

but yeah you def dont need one. and a van i doubt is gonna have a good alter. at that haha
Caps are a rip off plain and simple, it is a band-aid that delays a problem rather than fixes it. No serious audio enthusiest will ever have one in their car. You look at all the sq comp cars out there that actually place in comps and not one will have a cap. I will tell you what they will have though and that is a upgraded electrical system to cope with the extra load of a audio system.

I am talking upgrading all your ground wires throughout the whole car, adding a second alternator and or a larger alternator, not a little round cylinder with a flashy led light on top that throws numbers around at random.

Fix it the correct way the first time is what I say, the only fix I like other than upgrading as you are supposed to is a product by the name of Batcap. It carries the "cap" name in it but in all reality is more of a small high output battery.

Quick Reply: to have a capacitor or not..that is the question