Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

HELP!!!!!! HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Default HELP!!!!!! HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!!!!

I cut out my OEM wire harness. Is there a way to fix that? Sorry, I am soooo amateur. But I don't want to pay tons of money to get it put back in when all I have to do is match wires back up. Is there a kit to buy to fix it, since I don't have the OEM harness anymore?

Old 08-29-2006, 05:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: HELP!!!!!! HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!!!!

splice the same wires back togather

Old 08-29-2006, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

whats your car year?

Old 08-29-2006, 06:16 PM

It's a 1986 Civic. I don't have the wire harness anymore, I threw it out like a d@m idiot.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

here are the wire colours for your car. if you don't know how to connect them to your headunit, ask and i'll tell you how.

Constant 12V+ = Blue/White
Switched 12V+ = Yellow/Red
Ground = Black
Illumination = Red/Black
Left Front (+) = Blue/Green
Left Front (-) = Gray/Black
Right Front (+) = Red/Green
Right Front (-) = Brown/Black
Left Rear (+) = Blue/Yellow
Left Rear (-) = Gray/White
Right Rear (+) = Red/Yellow
Right Rear (-) = Brown/White

Old 08-29-2006, 06:40 PM

ok. let me give you my car breakdown. The car has a fan that is on a toggle switch routed straight from the battery. Thats number one. #2) When I don't have the fuse for the clock, dome light, and ciigarette lighter in, the whole system blinks. (Is that normal?) #3) I had put the system in only with the constant and switched power and the ground in. But when my girl turned on the blinker, the whole dam system blinked. #4) Once I had it in and tested it, (with the car turned off) it drained my battery in secs. So... PLEASE send me instructions...

Old 08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

just follow the wire colours i gave you above and match them to the headunit harness. in the headunit harness, the main colours will be yellow = constant, red = switched, black = ground, blue with white stripe = remote, blue = power antenna, orange = illumination, orange = dimmer, green & purple = rear speakers, white & grey = front speakers, and you might have more wires depending on the HU you have, but those were the main colours. also, sometimes the remote and power ant. wire are the opposite depending on the brand, and sometimes you only have a remote (no power ant.).

Old 08-29-2006, 06:53 PM

Ok, I will try. Thanks. Keep checking in case I don't get it right.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

What possesed you? Anywho. I would just wire the colors together. DO IT PROPERLY. If I find that you used duck tape or any tape I will kick you ***.

Get stipper crimper plyers (can be had at a local harware store for $8) and a set of red butt connectors. Hell, most of the time a new pair of plyers come with a sample of connectors.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:33 PM

Well I didn't know about the whole harness thing. But hey, not everyone is a pro. Now I know. Its just that why when I did have the ignition, constant power, and ground hooked up, that it killed my battery?

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!! HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!!!!