Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Help with sub

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:36 AM

sorry to butt in but im having a little trouble too, what does the remote wire do does that go to the deck and to the amp cause i'm getting juice just nothing it going on,
again sorry for jumping in here.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

Depending on the deck you have and who installed the deck you may have to run the wire to a different spot... [not automatticly the BLUE one haha] .. Some audio installers put in aftermarket wiring harneses that can change the power antenna wire to not receive power correctly...

Old 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

If your amp powers up and plays when you listen to FM or AM but not when you play a CD, ipod, etc. the remote wire is connected to "power antenna" instead of "amp turn on" like it should be. Usually the amp turn on wire is blue and white from the head unit but check the label on the unit and/or the manual to be sure.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:25 AM
HCF Member

The remote wire controlls both power antena ans the amp. I dont have a power antena though. I think I found the problem. My battry was low on water and on chanrge. I add more water and put a charger on my battery for like 30 min. After I drove the car home the sub worked great. So I think it was a low battery but we will see.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Recognized HCF Member

You should never need to add water to a modern battery. Losing water usually means that your alternator is putting out too much voltage and overcharging it. Check the voltage at the battery with the engine running but everything else electric on the car turned off; if more than 14.5 volts or so there is a problem.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:04 AM

yeah it turns out when i put the remote wire in and put the deck in it fell out with out me knowing but it all works great and sounds awesome, thanks for the help anyway guys

Old 08-09-2009, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

It does sound like a bad connection from either the power to sub or amp to spkr.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by naex
It does sound like a bad connection from either the power to sub or amp to spkr.
He already said he fixed it...

Old 08-09-2009, 11:36 PM
HCF Member

i figured it out after i posted...sorry bou that guys./

Old 08-10-2009, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by mk378
You should never need to add water to a modern battery. Losing water usually means that your alternator is putting out too much voltage and overcharging it. Check the voltage at the battery with the engine running but everything else electric on the car turned off; if more than 14.5 volts or so there is a problem.
Not true at all. I have an unsealed battery with removeable caps to add water. Batteries like Optima are sealed and do not loose water. Turns out my battery was bad. It wasnt cranking as hard as it should and a quick test found a bad battery. I live in Arizona and the heat out here will kill a battery quicker than most places.

Quick Reply: Help with sub