Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

High Output Alt + Kinetic Battery install today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 11:19 PM
HCF Member
Default High Output Alt + Kinetic Battery install today!

Allright ya!!! I finally got the power setup I wanted completed today.

1) Kinetic 1400 Deep Cycle Battery, Believe it is 1150 CCA, 1500 AMP, 60ah...and it is like 7 pounds lighter than the stock Honda battery
2) OEM drop in Load Boss 160 Amp Alternator...80amp (10 more than stock) at IDLE! 160 Amp at 2600RPM. New belt needed because pulley is smaller, but direct drop in besides that!
3) Matching Pair of Bat terminals, with pos voltage display.

Ran a 4 guage + stock 8 guage charging cable

Good bye flashy headlights the right way!!
I'm pretty proud of this setup. My 900 RMS system is getting all the power it needs all the time. Miniscule dome flashing sitting at idle with stereo maxed out, so not bad.
Forgot to take pics of the alt before hand. I would urge you audiophiles to go with a alt/battery setup similar to this, screw caps!
Check these guys out
http://stores.ebay.com/EAGLE-ELECTRIC

TONS of Honda Alt's for any application...I am VERY impressed with price and service. There is also a place called Alterstart, more spendy but high quality. Still under 250 bucks shipped though!

Next step: Rattle proofing and dampening.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:08 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: High Output Alt + Kinetic Battery install today!

what were you planning to do for rattleproofing? cuz my car sounds rediculous with the rattles that my system invokes. i did some ghetto *** foam in the trunk stuff.. but it didnt do chit. i dont wanna go with dynamat.. what are my other options?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:39 AM
HCF Member

talk to rick with RAAMAT....thats the way to go...screw dynamat.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:31 AM
HCF Member

I love the Kinetic battery, I have one comming before long, they are a huge enhancement, but more expensive then most people want to invest. They will run everything from Air-ride suspension systems to high powered stereos, I hope you like it!

Sounds like a good setup!

Old 02-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

might i sugest... get a nice SQ sub.... and seal it off from the trunk firing into the car from the back seats
i did and it cut down a TON OF rattling!!!! and i never fully sealed off the trunk... just a somewhat tight carpet and MDF trim panel.
tho i did loose some low bass notes.... BUT for the almost no rattling its well worth it in my opinion!!!!!!
to me nothing more imbarising than a rattle can trunk lid!

main thing that helped my electrical system with my old amp was a fullsize battery.... that little baby battery that comes in the hondas is just to dam small!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

lol u think ur trunk rattling is embarrasing? i think its kind of flattering, means ur system can bump....its annoying no doubt and i want it to go away but i dont find it embarrassing

Old 02-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i do.... i love it when people say... you aint got no bass..... then they lean thier head inmy car and say... dam... preaty nice

Old 02-15-2007, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

i like that too...i like when when guys with type-r's tell me when i have mine up i shake thier car instead of those alpines doing it..lol...i just want mine to where if i turn it up too high that ill pop my trunk lid.I still wanna do my wall with 2 18's or 4 12's though.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

to pop the trunk.... LOL i sure wouldnt want that.... that would been cool the first time at a show.... after that id be like WTF... dam it not again.... LMFAO

Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

I am thinking about making some business cards, and handing them out to the car guys around here one by one as I run into people in parking lots and what not. Charge a low low flat rate to install stuff, fix rattles, the works. I don't want to make profits much, I just want to spread the information, gain trust. Think it would be worth my time?

Maybe If i can get good with the LED's and underbody stuff, I can install that too, offer a money back guarentee type deal, at least for the labor itself.

Quick Reply: High Output Alt + Kinetic Battery install today!