Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

how much time to put new rca's in???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:18 PM
HCF Member
Default how much time to put new rca's in???

ok so i never did the other ones myself....my friend that owns a car audio place here did them and i just got some new stinger 4channel hyper series rca's in for 15$ shippied....Im hoping these will be a bit of improvement over the no names ones ive had for about 4yrs now.Now what im wanting to know is how much stuff and time am i looking at so that i prepare enough time to do this??? I just thought i would have to be taking an assload of stuff apart to do this.....just let me know why you guys think and what all tools i would need to do all this.....thx

Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: how much time to put new rca's in???

A screw driver, andmabey a 8mm socket.

It takes about 15 min if that. Just find were your old RCA's are ran in your car, and follow it and just take apart were they go under, usually under the backseat, down the side were your door is under the pastic, in the back of your kick panel, and under your dash to your deck. Easy Easy

Old 02-02-2007, 03:09 PM
HCF Member

well thats good to know...i think im gonna go do that in a bit then...how can i tell which is the + and _ on each pair since they are all diff colors?? or will it not even matter if it wrong then i could just swap them???

Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

in my opinion... either they work or they dont.... id only upgrade them if thiers a wierd audio signal...

but most the time till be spent geting to them behind the radio and hidding them under the trim panels

Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

well im not mainly doing it just to see if its a better signal im just doing it mainly to get rid of a couple of wires and keep it more simple in the back since i have alot of wires right now...right now its the less the better.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

depending how tight the current wires are, and how mych clearence you have, it might be possable to tape the end of the new ones to the ends of the old ones and just pull em through, but i would not do this if they are at all tight, or if it gets snagged allong the way

Old 02-02-2007, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

ok so i guess that putting the right colors didnt really matter as long as i kept the pairs together in the right places cause it works fine even when i switched them from top to bottom....sure was a pain in the butt though behind the dash.I had plenty of wire left(like 4ft) so its all good now i just need to reset my gains tomm afternoon.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well ya dont have to reset the gains just to replace the rcas...

Old 02-02-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

yeah i know but i have to resaet them anyways cause my friend messed with them about 2 weeks ago and i couldnt fix it cause my kenwood HU wasnt reading cd's...i saw in a different thread that this guy had a kenwood HU too and he tried a can of compreesed air and it didnt fix his problem but i thought i would try it and it worked so now i can reset them....ALot of the kenwood players had that laser alignment problem and i thought thats what i had so i never tried the air thing.I wish i would have done that about 2 weeks ago instead of listening to the radio...o well at least i dont have to send it out for repair.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 AM
HCF Member

hey addiction. couldRCA wires be the cause of weird audio signal? because my subs right now are makin a funny noise unless they're up loud. its like a high pitched (at least for subs) sound. kinda sounds like short sonar blips. even if my HU is off. they still make that noise. so idk how they're getting any signal at all to be making this noise. its really annoying. do you think RCA wires would fix this?

Quick Reply: how much time to put new rca's in???