Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

HU question.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
HCF Member
Default HU question.....

ok so ive got a kenwood kdc-x889 and its a badass biotch but the other day it quit taking cd's but the eject was still working so i dont know...im not sure it can be helped but would anyone have any ideas on maybe something that could work???...I have a extended warranty on it but that would for sure prolly take a month so that option is worst case for me.....

Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: HU question.....

ALPINE FTW. For real, like any of their HU's sound great (i actually noticed a difference over my old Eclipse), and you cant beat the Ipod hookup/support/control, its sick

Old 09-01-2007, 10:48 PM
HCF Member

lol come on flip your suppose to be helping me out here....anyways you should know that the last GOOD cd player that alpine put out was the cda9835....now they dont hardly have any features and they dont even have 5v preouts anymore which was a big turn off for me.....plus the only reason i didnt get a eclipse was because it wasnt detachable and i think thats the reason 80% of the other ppl didnt get one either....

Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 PM
HCF Member

me Alpine is detachable, and has a motorized face, and why do you need 5 preamp outputs?! lol how many amps ru runnin man? I wish i had the exact model of my CD player cuz it works seriously perfect for me, what ru lookin for in your HU in the firs tplace?

Old 09-02-2007, 06:04 AM
HCF Member

well the higher the preouts the less you have to make your amps work and the cleaner your signal it....eclipse has 8v but thats just too high.I have just always liked kenwood cause they have time correction,the preouts,good band slopes,and a couple of other pretty good tweaks that i need for my music.I use to be all about looks on the deck but now i could care less....im just all about function when it comes to HU's.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:51 PM
HCF Member

so anyone heard of this happening or maybe a friend and maybe know a way to fix it???

Old 09-02-2007, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

me Alpine is detachable, and has a motorized face, and why do you need 5 preamp outputs?! lol how many amps ru runnin man? I wish i had the exact model of my CD player cuz it works seriously perfect for me, what ru lookin for in your HU in the firs tplace?
he said 5 volt, not 5 in number. lol.

and the mid to upper model alpines this year use 4v preouts, and if you can tell the difference between 4v and 5v preouts, then you have god-like ears. but if its really a bid deal on what volt preouts you have, then get a crossover/eq. and for the record alpines new line of radios are pretty good, especially the CDA-9887 with the imprint technology. its measure the acoustics of the car with this little mic that it comes with, and adjust the output of the radio for best performance. pretty sweet.

and as far as you Kenwood, whcih i am assuming is more than a couple of years old because their new stuff are not "badass biotches", it sounds like the sensor that detects the cd is messed up. there is a sensor/switch that when you put in a cd it turns on the motor that actually takes in and pushes out the cd. when you push the eject button the motor sill still turn on, so its not the motor, which most likely leaves only that sensor. and unfortunetely, the only way to get that fixed is to send it to service under your warranty. sry bro you are just gonna have to without that radio for a couple of weeks

Old 09-02-2007, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

im not quite sure about all that cause ive had the laser mess up before and it will take the cd and spin for a minute and it doesnt read it so it will spit it back out....i think its something else besides thats cause the motor wont even try and take the cd,i havent tried to reset it yet cause there are so many things i would have to adjust but i guess i dont have anyother choice..lol.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

remove the HU, and shake it... if it rattles like no tomorrow... voila ya gots a broken CD inside... chances are the arm that accepts CDs might be damaged, or is off its track or something. so ya remove it, and warranty it, and then go with whistling or a boom box, or the sound of yer motor for the time being

Old 09-02-2007, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Sigracer10

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

he said 5 volt, not 5 in number. lol.
my bad......

Quick Reply: HU question.....