Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

HU question.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: HU question.....

If you're sure there's no CD stuck inside you chould try blowing some canned air into the CD slot to clear any optical sensors it may have. If that doesn't work pull it out and claim your warranty.

Edit: Also try resetting the unit by disconnecting the battery for a minute, both before and after trying to clean the sensors.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

well i found a solution to my prob...i forgot i had that aux output in the back so i bought that wired that goes from my hu to my mp3 player and im using that for now....does anyone know if the songs are suppose to sound just as a cd or maybe different???....only thing i dont like that much is that now there are 2 volume controls.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:38 AM
HCF Member

I have an older kenwood head unit and it had almost the same problem. I'm not sure that its a broken sensor so i wouldn't send it back just yet. On my cd player it wouldn't accept any discs, and when it finally did, it wouldn't spit them back out, they played just fine. I think all I did was unhook it and put a new fuse in the cd player (im pretty sure the old one was fine) and it worked like new again. So far I havn't had any peoblems with it. And for mp3, I highly suggest not getting it. I've done both in my car and a CD sounds about twice as loud and clear as mp3's do. In my opinion of course.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
HCF Member

no i completely agree with you about the mp3 player thing....its not nearly as loud and i didnt think it was gonna be this much trouble to turn it off,change the track and all that....i still might mess around with it and maybe change the fuse like you said.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:27 AM

Kenwood HUs suck. Alpine FTMFW ipod high speed connection cable with data transfer, flip thru your songs on the HU itself while your ipod hides safely out of eye sight.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

thats about the only thing alpines are good for...if you dont have an ipod then your screwed,and alpine doesnt really have any good features anymore anyways.No time correction or anything like that...if they were smart they would have made it for all mp3 players instead of just the ipod.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:13 AM
HCF Member

i have my ipod connected straight to the hu and the quality is great. prolly about the same as CDs. when you hook up the mp3 with the 3.5 mm cable, you run the risk of loosing some signal quality while its transfering from the player to the radio. while that may not be the problem, my ipod sounds like CD so i have nothing to complain about.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
HCF Member

well its not that....the quality on mine is fine is just the loudness overrall.....it sounds like i have it on 17 when on cd's i have it at like 27....i dont know i might just have to mess with some settings or something....but for some reason my radio recepction sounds like im 20 miles outta town....its f'in awful.