Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

i need help on neon light

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Default i need help on neon light

i bought a neon light my my interior like 4 months ago and im still havein poblems with it ... i mounted my neon in the back of my car on top of the rear speakers where the roof meets the rear window ... well i wired the neon to the dome light .. the positive wire goes with the positive wire of the dome light and i grounded the negative but the neon light is supposed to flassh with the bass which happens whenever it wants too and sometimes when i mess with the switch of the dome itll work so idont know if i grounded it right or wut ?? any suggestions????

Old 02-12-2007, 10:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: i need help on neon light

Those sound activation switches are crap anyway, they rarely work with any type of pattern that is even in the least bit noticeable, so I wouldn't count on it beating with your bump much.

Other then that, if its wired to run all the time, and its not working, then yeah its probably a ground, or the wiring to the dome light power supply, just check your connections.

Everyone has issues with the sound switch though, it's not just you.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM

ok thanks well i guess im gonna chek my connections if they still mess up then ill just take it out or sumthing

Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM
HCF Member

well it would definitely help to know a little more about how you wired it. think you could go into paint or illustrator and draw us up a diagram of exactly how you wired it?

what did you ground the neon to?

do you have a controller capable of pulsing to the bass?

and most of all... at least IMO... the dome light was a bad place to wire the neons to.

and please tell me you fused the wire.. cuz if you didnt. take it all out right now and start over.

but yea, hook us up with a diagram of EXACTLY what you did so we have somethin to work with

Old 02-12-2007, 10:31 PM

well i tried on paint but i suck at it anyways....... the positive from the neon i hooked it up to the dome light switch dat way when i turn on the dome light the neon turns on and the negative i grounded it to a small screw well i didnt fuse it i no i did some crazy **** but i just wanted it to work and the neon it self has a controller which u can set to keep it on or make it pulse

Old 02-12-2007, 10:39 PM
HCF Member

what is the screw that you grounded it attatched to?

and the controller that you have, those things are extremely sensitive in the first place. so they usually end up not pulsing at all because just about any noise will make it go off. and because you have it so close to the rear speakers, its not gunna work right. guaranteed.

and i think that wiring it up to the dome light switch is kinda dumb anyway cuz wouldnt they not turn on unless the dome light is on? which would look stupid IMO. wire it to something thats always hot when the car is on.. and dead when the car is off such as the cig lighter. that way you can never forget and leave em on n kill your battery.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 PM

well thething is dat my neon is blue which makes it illegal so i dont want to have it on all the time so thats why i hooked it up to the dome light cuz i didnt wanna buy a switch lol .. but i think im gona end up having to buy one and hook it up to the fuse box

Old 02-12-2007, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

switches are like 3 bucks at any big store, it would be safer to wire it up to a fused switch.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:51 PM

aight well thanks hopefully it works better

Old 02-12-2007, 11:22 PM
HCF Member

damn i remember the days of having a neon on the back window.......memoriesssssss... sorry...lol...anyways i wanted to put LED's in my ac vents or something like that but i dont know if it could be done.I want some LED's somewhere i just dont know where.

O yeah one other thing....i dont know how do wire those effin things up anyways...lol...i know how to hook up my audio and all that but i wouldnt know how to hook up those.

Quick Reply: i need help on neon light