Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

If you feel like helping a total newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default If you feel like helping a total newbie...

Well as of today I'm officially into redoing my interior...the rear seats are out, the trim up to the stock cassette player is gone. What I'm going to do is make a fibrglass interior from the rear deck up to the head-unit hole. I want to have two 10 inch subs in place of the rear seat, two three-way 6 inch speakers in the rear, two in front, and may-be four tweets. I will replace the door speakers. I guess my question is, how exactly do you hook up all that, an amp, and a new cd-player...I just can't find any good info

Old 01-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Default RE: If you feel like helping a total newbie...

call Jeff Jantz @ Caldera Audio And Video he has been doing systems for about 16 years he is very smart his phone # is: 1-360-840-9083 and tell him dustin told you to call

Old 01-31-2005, 04:10 AM

How do you make a fiberglass interior isnt it hard??, i cant find good info. on how to do this!!

Old 01-31-2005, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

its sort of a trade secret.... you probably wont find really good info without buying anything. Ill search Kazaa for you to see if I find anything.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:55 AM
HCF Member

ok Kolhoznik here we go.

You need a headunit with RCA outputs in the rear of it. Usually good ones have a rear output and 2 front sets too. Run the rear output to the amp powering the subs. Your headunit can power 4 speakers....but only like 25 watts RMS each....so use an amp. Get a MOSFET amp with like 4 or 6 channels (1 channel for each speaker u wanna run off it) . Run the front rca conectors on the HU to THAT amp Then just run ur extra speakers off of that amp. So lets say uve got 10 speakers and 2 subs in the car. U can run 4 speakers off of the existing wiring powering the 4 mounted speakers.(U could extend that wire if u moved the speakers).....then u can just run a 6 channel amp and run the other 6 speakers off of that amp. And the subs will be wired to the other amp. By the way. That would sounds pretty GNIKCUF good! hope i was some help.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:04 PM

If you dont really know how to do it i wold recommend getting it installed it is not that much. But if you want to install it your self. You must buy wire then run that all through your car. The power wire much be ran from the battery to your fuse then trough your car to your amp on the 12 volt connect. Then you must run the small blue power wire from a power spot in the rear of the cd player through the car to the amp. Then the ground macke sure it is grounded properly or else you well fry your amp. Attatch the ground to the body of the car then to the amp. The there is RCA cable which must be plugged into the back of the CD player then ran through the car to the amp where it is put into the "IN" RCA There is 2 an in and an out put the one in the "IN" from the CD player. If you want to hook a second amp up you get another set of RCA cables and run it from the out on the one amp to the IN on the second amp. Also it you get a second amp you must get a splitter you must run 4 or lower gauge wire from the batt to the splitter then split it off to 8 guage to 2 amps. Then hook up your subs to the first amp, and your speakers to a 4 channel. You want the amp for the subs to be about 600 watts for 2 10" subs and for the four speakers you want about 400 watts then you well be geting about 50 watt RMS power so it well be twice as much as your deck. For you CD player buy a wiring harness then just crimp the same color wire together. Wirng harnesses are bout 10 bucks so it is cheap and easy to install.
If you have any more questions get back
Josh

Old 03-29-2005, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

lol, thanx I didnt really feel like saying all of that at the time : )

Old 03-29-2005, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

lazy ***.. and i hope your not trying to build a fiber glass dash urself...i would cry..not something you just want to "try"

Old 03-29-2005, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

your also the lazy ***. You said it once in some old thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

hehehehe

Quick Reply: If you feel like helping a total newbie...