Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

indoor system

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 AM
HCF Member
Default indoor system

ive been want to put 2 12s in my garage with other speakers as well but my question is how can i power a amp with house hold electrictiy ?? [&:]

Old 12-08-2007, 10:04 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: indoor system

well..if your talking about car amps and speakers...12 volt ac adapter. Usually printeres use them and a lot of other ****..if you can find one theres your powersource..i think places like riteaid and walgreens sell them too...if you have those stores.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
HCF Member

well i have riteaid lol but ya arent 12v ac adapters for cars only?

Old 12-08-2007, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

well...its actually an AC/DC adapter...
it takes your plug 120AC and turns it into 12V dc....which is what your car battery essentially is

looks like this..

the ones for cars do the oppisite...take 12v dc and make them into AC...they look like this and they are called power inverters.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

oh ok thanks for the pics lol ... so if i get the one on top i just have to cut and modify the part that goes into the amp right? .... and can i use that to power a deck too ?

Old 12-08-2007, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

yup....

Old 12-13-2007, 03:54 PM
HCF Member

Those little transformers will not power even the deck at full volume, as soon as you would turn the volume on the deck up loud it would eventually burn that little 300-3000MA transformer. I havea deckset-up in my garage with a 7A (7000MA) power supply. but if you want to add an extra amp on top of that, you would need a bigger power supply or you won't be able to turn your amp too loud. I put 4 speakers in the ceiling and they are all run to a cabinet that holds the deck, etc.......Here is a pic of my setup.......
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5...rage161ln3.jpg

Old 12-15-2007, 10:32 AM

What headunit is that?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ENERGY TURTLE

What headunit is that?
Pioneer deh-p7700mp

Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well depends how BIG your amplifier your gonna be pushing.... PERSONALY if your wanting a HOME STEREO SYSTEM then AT LEAST BUY A HOME amplifier... PLATE amplifiers work great.... i have been using mine for almost 2years now and love it.. only 300watts but sounds great with my old 2 10inch subs i got in my room now.

BUT if you dont want to spend the money for a PLATE amplifier then IF ITS IN YOUR GARAGE.... simply buy a large car battery, a MONSTER BATTERY is the best id say.... but those aint cheap either! its not called monster but it is a monster battery. LMFAO its about the size of 2-3 regular car batteries.... you can buy them at most semi truck parts places and NAPA autoparts also carries them.... then just buy a battery charger.... wire up your amplifier and such to the battery and slap the charger onto the battery and turn on the charger while pumpen the beats...
VERY EASY and just simple.... then its simply a toggle switch to the REMOTE turn on wire on the amplifier and your golden.....

BUT DO NOT PUT A BATTERY INSIDE YOUR HOUSE!!!!!! the gasses that are released are not good for inside your house... but if its out in the garage where thiers ventilation and large enough area i see no problems.

Quick Reply: indoor system