Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Installing LED in vents

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Default Installing LED in vents

Has anyone installed LED's in the vents of their civic? I currently own a 99 civic ex and want to add blue leds to the vents, under dash in in the cup holders, have any of you done this? if not do you know any websites that explain the process for wiring in a civic?

Old 05-26-2007, 06:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Installing LED in vents

under the dash is easy, on my passenger side i had to drill holes in the lower part of hte dash to put my zip ties through but it's hidden, and on the driver side you can just ziptie the neons to excisting pasrts of the dash. addiction2bass did a compoetelty custom cup holders LED things, PM hima botu hta, and in the vents is fairly simple, you can usualy just pull the vents out and then glue some LEDs in there, then wire them to otehri own switchi n hte fusebox

Old 05-27-2007, 08:24 AM
HCF Member

for under dash and vents and other places:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_268485/tm.htm

for cupholders:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_410483/tm.htm

hope that helps!

Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

i have neon tubes inmine. it was an easy install. (i wish i had led's but i couldnt hardly find them when i bought neon) oh well

Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

^ do you got a pic?

Old 05-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya the vents are very easy to do.... and if i was you id do the simplest way and buy some PREWIRED leds.... or if you want some brighter wider led vents then use some PREWIRED SUPERFLUX leds.... those are brighter and spread out more even
http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

they do cost more BUT light output is so much beter...

Old 05-27-2007, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

yea page 2 in my photo album on here.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:27 AM
HCF Member

There is deffinetly a DIY for the vents also. I read it at one point in time.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member

thiers pleatny of DIY around the forum... mods just dont like to have imperfect grammer or spelling so either takes em a long time to edit or they just forget.LOL or they dont care about my mods

ive tried runnen spell check on my led cupholder one BUT still no see it......
they should just have a DIY unauthorized section to post into that way they cannt be accountable for my bad spelling and grammer.LOL but hey i did get thru school..... and im not perfect... BUT whats realy important... doing the work or writing it down letter for letter.
i can do alot of stuff that most people dont even think about or can do.... but i do my best to help em out......
lets face it WHO DID CUSTOM LED GAUGES BEFORE ME none that i know of but ive now got alot of people asking me how i did it.LMFAO
but its all good.......... i do my best but some people just cannt be helped. LMFAO thats when i should just start charging people to do thiers.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:13 PM

I guess I am still confused on how the wiring all works, and the types of wires that are needed. I looked that DIY posted and it seemed to help, except I still don't understand how the power wires connect to the battery and what not...

Quick Reply: Installing LED in vents