Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

iPod in a 2005 Civic LX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Default iPod in a 2005 Civic LX Sedan

So i just got a Civic Sedan an i want to be able to listen to my ipod in the car. I do not really want to replace the head unit. I dont want an FM Modulator. From my research i want something that plugs into the CD Changer port on the back of the radio. My question is what exactly do i want. I have seen the Metra AXXESS AIP-HD02-ID (http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._HD02_AIP.html) and an mlink? (http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.ph...7&cat=0&page=1). Am i missing anything else that will work? what is the best if I want to control the ipod from the ipod not the head unit.

Also, i have read the there is better sound from the ipod dock connector to the radio than the headphone jack, is that correct.

Thanks in advance for the help, the forum looks great.

Ben

Old 04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: iPod in a 2005 Civic LX Sedan

Why do you want to reach down to that tiny little iPod, rather than the buttons on the radio.
Plug your pod in and stuff it in the console. Pheripheral electronics makes a great unit!

Old 04-21-2008, 04:16 PM

because i can jump from album to album, or i can pass the ipod to the passenger in the back seat.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:35 PM

Don't know if you were still trying to find a device to hook up your iPod to factory head unit.If you go to PeripheralElectronics.com, you can search your year, make and model of your vehicle. I searched for your 2005 Honda Civic, they do have a device, here in the description of it:
"This unique interface allows you to control an iPod directly from the factory radio. The PXDP interface delivers CD quality sound directly into the factory sound system via the CD changer port and eliminates the use of noisy RF modulators. The factory radio enables track selection and FFWD / RRWD just like using a CD changer. The PXDP also keeps the batteries in the iPod charged and ready for on the go use. iPod can also be controlled from the click wheel. "

This seems to be what you are looking for. I have tried one in my vehicle and it works great.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:14 AM
HCF Member

You said you do not want an fm modulator? Are you talking about a wireless or wired? If you are talking about wireless you might have a way better option. Check out www.diceelectronics.com. If they make something for your vehicle that will be the best option. It will connect to your ipod via the perpetial cable. It will charge your ipod as well as allow you to control your ipod with your factory radio controls. Not the cheapest way, but from what I have seen the best way using factory radio/ipod integration.