Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

issue with kenwood kdc-v6017 no power

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Default issue with kenwood kdc-v6017 no power

issue with kenwood kdc-v6017, does anyone have this model or have these problems of turning the unit on..
i bought this cd deck a long time ago and it worked great. One day the face went dead (assuming it was the crystal inside), really im not to sure what happend. Recently i just bought a replacement from ebay but it still doesnt work, there is no power and nothing turn on. I check my fuse box and it look ok because my cigarette lighter work just fine. Does the cigarette lighter and radio use the same fuse box...Is my new face just doesnt work or is my unit dead. anyone have a suggestion...help is appericated.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: issue with kenwood kdc-v6017 no power

take the HU out, test with a voltmeter, put it on DC, put the black terminal from the multimeter to ground, then put the red terminal from the multyimeter on the yellow wire on the HU(there should be power always), then switch the red terminal to the red wire on the HU (there should be power only when the ignition is on). If you don't have a multimeter, take the HU out completly and bring it under your hood, then connect the black wire from the HU to the negative terminal on the battery, then put together the red and yellow wires from the HU and put them on the positive terminal on the battery, now press power on the HU, if it doesn't turn on, the problem is the HU, not the wiring.