Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Jenson Anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Default Jenson Anyone???

What's up guys, I just wanted to know does anybody here own any Jenson products. I know that they are made by Audiovox and I know most of their stuff is crap. I've been looking at one of their head units (Jenson 6.5in touchscreen multimedia receiver) and it seems like a really nice product. I actually had a friend of mine that works for an audio installation company tell me that this is Jenson best product. I wouldn't buy their speakers though lol (I've heard them and they suck!! Big Time!!). So if anybody here has some opinions on this product, feel free to weigh in. Thanks Guys!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Jenson Anyone???

I had a 7" touchscreen made by Jensen and I loved it. Sometimes it would give me trouble saying that the cd was bad but all I had to do was eject it and put it back in and it plays. Someone aparently wanted it even more than I did and they broke into my car and stole it so I'm not the only person that likes them I guess. I replaced it with a similar model that isn't a touchscreen and it is ok as well but its giving me **** over a new mp3 cd I burnt and it will not play it. My first one didn't have this problem. Long story short, buy one with a warrenty so if it ****s up you can get a new one. I DO recomend this sterio. I have it with my alpine type-r speakers and it sound's great. Really nice, loud, clear bass.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:56 AM

How much youlooking? Flipsouts are so cheap now a day, I would look into JVC for a better quality product.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:34 AM
HCF Member

I rate Jensen as "marginal" for their value. You will probably get a year or two of good use out of it, but after that I wouldn't guarentee anything.

I have heard them as well though, for their price you can't beat em with a stick, if you just want something temporary, If your going for a 3-5 year investment, like I usualy do, aim a little higher, at least pioneer or JVC, Sony or Kenwood. I know the touchscreens are higher with these brands, but they will probably last longer!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:40 AM
HCF Member

ALPINE OR PIONEER i had 3 jensons in my old car every one after a month would break

Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: noshowallgo

ALPINE OR PIONEER OR JVC i had 3 jensons in my old car every one after a month would break
Fixed it for ya

Old 07-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Or Eclipse or Kenwood, I would choose those 2 brand overs Pioneer and Alpine anyday of the week. But I reccomend the JVC because their pricing is down around thepricing on Jensen.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:36 PM

i bought a Panasonic indash touchscreen on ebay for $400

Old 07-27-2007, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

panasonic car audio

Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 PM

just like everythin in life you get what u pay for. my buddy does installs and sells for his shop he won't carry that brand.

Quick Reply: Jenson Anyone???