Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Just got my Alpine 9835!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:52 PM
HCF Member
Default Just got my Alpine 9835!

Well I finally got my Alpine 9835 Head Unit today...took the dude a month to get it here[:@]
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-b2j8F6w...search=CDA9835

So I have wanted this deck for a long time, but never wanted to pay what they were worth.
A lot of people including myself consider this unit one of (if not THE) last great Alpine HU. These were something like 699 when they came out in 2004. All the newest HU's have gave up a lot of the features of this deck to make room for bluetooth and stuff like that.
This one is like an audiophiles wet dream. Bass Engine Pro and the Bio-Lite display, ya me likey.
And since I had a 9813 in there, all I had to do was unplug the harness and patch cords and plug this one in, same mount and everything.

Also, It has i-personalize, so I did all my settings on the website and burned to a cd-r so when i plugged it in, all my crossover, EQ settings were there in seconds.
Awesome!
What do you guys think.

ALSO: I will be putting my Alpine CDA-9813 up for sale in the BST. It is a feature-filled awesome deck, I just always wanted this 9835 so I got it.
Check it out!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Just got my Alpine 9835!

I might buy your other one, send me pics. I need one anyway.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:23 PM
HCF Member

hey i just tried installing that in my civic today, i got it to power up and everything, but im not using the blue atomatic antenna wire and the blue+white wire that is for the remote turn on since i dont have any amps installed yet. The problem is is that there is no sound, im pretty sure all of the wires are with their counterparts, do i use the remote turn on even though i dont have amps? where does it go?

Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 PM

No you don't need the remote turn on. Is there a setting for an internal amp (Power IC Off) that you need to change? Can it lock in to a radio station? Did you try a CD also? The mute isn't on is it? How sure are you about the wires? Pretty sure and really sure are two different kinds of sure.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:51 PM
HCF Member

im so jealous that you got the LAST good HU from alpine before they started going downhill....still today a really good HU....3yrs ago that HU was pretty much king.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:13 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civic96lx

hey i just tried installing that in my civic today, i got it to power up and everything, but im not using the blue atomatic antenna wire and the blue+white wire that is for the remote turn on since i dont have any amps installed yet. The problem is is that there is no sound, im pretty sure all of the wires are with their counterparts, do i use the remote turn on even though i dont have amps? where does it go?
What, a 9835? If you aren't getting sound, first check to see if the Power-IC is off...you can turn off the internal amp on those decks if you are running external amps. otherwise check your connections

Stu, my 9813 is up in the BST here, with pics.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Irishdrunk

ORIGINAL: civic96lx

What, a 9835? If you aren't getting sound, first check to see if the Power-IC is off...you can turn off the internal amp on those decks if you are running external amps. otherwise check your connections

Stu, my 9813 is up in the BST here, with pics.
haha, yeah it was deff the internal power. thanks so much for the help. it is all installed and sounds AMAZING!!! im so happy, its crazy to hear the comparison between stock and just a 4volt hu.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

yea man i got the step above that....the 9855. very expensive but im glad i got it. they dont make either of those now but in my opinion they are the 2 best alpine ones made. ( aside from their monitor ones )

Old 03-06-2007, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

yea man i got the step above that....the 9855. very expensive but im glad i got it. they dont make either of those now but in my opinion they are the 2 best alpine ones made. ( aside from their monitor ones )
it isnt exactly a step above, but it is the newer model of that type of HU. 9835=2004 and 9855=2005 pretty much the same features, except the 9855 has the touch bar instead of buttons which a lot of people didnt like. do you like it?

Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 PM
HCF Member

yea i have never had any problems with it and i dont have to look at my radio when choosing different stations. i love the touch. also, the 9855 has the color change option too.

Quick Reply: Just got my Alpine 9835!