Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

LED Climate Soldering?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:23 PM
HCF Member
Default LED Climate Soldering?

I requested a quote from that ebay LEDAutomotive place to see how much it would cost to get them to solder the leds before they mail them to me for my 04 civic climate control... still no response so does anyone have a clue how much it'd cost to get them done for me? Or how easy is it to do it myself? I have ZERO automotive skills.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Default RE: LED Climate Soldering?

Personally I'd say a pack of soda or a lunch and I'd do it....... but soldering is easy (to me) and not really worth charging for. What I'd do is check with local audio shops that do custom work and see what thier rates would look like ........if all else fails you could always get a soldering iron, some wire and a "how-to solder" guide book and teach yourself.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:55 PM

I just found a guide on how-to solder, kinda give you a heads up on things->LINK

Ledautomotive actually has a lil guide on his site showing you what you need to do for the led soldering and installation-->LINK. I've looked thru it before and it's a pretty good write up as well as it does show you what is being done solder wise and how to adjust the light for best output.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:57 AM
HCF Member

I bought the kit from the as well, and let me tell you those resistors are smaller than a pencil tip.. I tried with my Cold Touch soldering iron (POS by the way) and the point of the soldering iron was bigger than the resistor, so it didn't work too well. I requested a quote and he said it was going to be $18 +s/h for him to solder it. I asked if I did all the work up to that point if he could cut a deal and he said no, because it was $18 just to solder it... I still have my package [:@]

Old 08-16-2006, 04:01 PM

THIS should help you in your quest, have to do a lil modding but it'd be worth it.

Another option would be to find the value the the smr (surface mount resistor) and just purchase a larger regular resistor and with a lil rerouting you should be able to use it in place of the smr.