Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Longtime audio nut new to this forum...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
HCF Member
Default Longtime audio nut new to this forum...

I've been on various car audio forums for the past eight or so years. I just found this site a matter of minutes ago, but so far I don't see anyone I know. I'm home at the following forums: Termpro, SoundDomain, Caraudio.com, soundsolutions.com, carstereoforum.com, carsound.com, elitecaraudio.com, diymobileaudio.com, hexibase.com, realmofexcursion.com, carstereos.org... the list goes on. I also am at rangerpowersports.com, therangerstation.com, and s10forum.com in their audio forums.

I own a 1998 Ford Ranger that once was regularly upgraded in terms of its audio system. I have not done anything major to it in a few years. Since then life has been chaotic. Now that things are so much smoother I plan on redoing the front stage. In terms of subwoofer I don't think I could ever part with that driver! Here is what I have:

CD Player: Kenwood KDC-S3009 (ten years old haha)
EQ: Kenwood KGC-4042A (also ten years old)
Crossover: Memphis 16-CX35
Front Speaker Amp: Power Acoustik 4DS*600 4 Channel
Sub Amp: Hifonics BX1500D
Front: Resonant Engineering RE 6.5” component speakers
Sub: Resonant Engineering HC 15” in a 4.0 cube enclosure tuned to 30 hz with 49.5” of port area

I was using the Memphis crossover to actively process my front stage, but a channel went out on that and two channels on my front amp took a crap on me. I have my old Rockford Fosgate 4-channel amp that has been collecting dust that will soon replace the POS Power Acoustik amp. I just need to rewire my power cables to accomadate the larger electrical demand. The RE comps have been run recently using the supplied passive crossovers.

For what they are my RE comps sound great! The highs are a bit loud for me, especially after being used to active processing for over a year. Someday soon I hope to glass my doors and install some new drivers. Again I could never part with my RE HC 15. That sub is a LOW END MONSTER! At the same time the tonality is just right for me! Most of the time the sub level is blended to match my front stage. There is never any overhang to be heard, and I pick up the lowest notes with ease!

So why am I here on this forum? My girlfriend Laura has a 1999 Civic EX. The stereo is stock. I do not deal well with stock. Most of the time we use her car to save on gas. Eventually I'm going to install some sort of system to satisfy my needs. In the meantime I plan to pick up some tricks and tips on installing in this vehicle by reading this forum! I'm sure I won't hesitate to answer questions, too!

T

PS: In my sig you will see the link to my "car audio bible." It is a little hobby I began with one page dedicated in my SoundDomain page for useful car audio links. Then it outgrew that page and needed more room. Finally it got so big where it became a chore to keep it updated. Forums change their URL formats, links go bad and I need to find the current link, or links go bad and I have to remove them as I cannot find replacements. Lots of the stuff still works. The navigational links do not work anymore. Simply navigate by going between pages 1-20. Hopefully some of you guys can benefit from the links on the page that still work.

PPS: I know addiction2bass from Termpro!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Longtime audio nut new to this forum...

DAM he found me..... LMFAO J/K