Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

looking for some subs

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:09 AM
HCF Member
Default looking for some subs

im looking around for some subs to add to the trunk of my car does anyone know which is best for the money??

Old 05-24-2011, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

i'd try to get some used if you can. i bought 2 12'' subs in a custom box with amp & install for $300 and havn't had a problem with them in 2 years. mine are JBL i think in a bassworx box, but if you want new i like alpine type R but thats just my opinion.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

It would really help to know what you are wanting to spend and what kind of music you listen to (some sub and box combos are more suited to sertant types of music than others)

Old 05-26-2011, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

not really sure on the amount im willing to spend just yet but i play mostly scremo with bass drops and break downs

Old 05-27-2011, 09:01 AM
HCF Member

ok well i assume you want power/volume > sound quality? if thats true go for a lower ohm (2) sub. if you want better sound quality go for a 4 ohm sub.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

JL Audio is your friend...if you're willing to spend the money, that is. lol

Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

I have two 12" Rockford Fosgate P3's in the trunk of my '98 and I love them.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dee911
im looking around for some subs to add to the trunk of my car does anyone know which is best for the money??
the best for you money will be MTX hands down

Old 07-10-2011, 01:21 PM

I would look into MTX subwoofers and Component... they are way better then JL anyday.. yes everyone says JL is the best but they are truely lieing they sound good at low watts.. but for the half the price and more pound hitting bass go to mtx trust i seen the test on the mtx sub vs the any JL sub.. JL cant compaire to MTX subs.. it has been proven time after time.. I been installing car audio for ova ten yrs. i tell you MTX is way better hands down.. and i can prove it to any JL person.. my MTX subs will wipe the floor with your JL crap shooters LOL

Old 07-12-2011, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by speedkingrc
I would look into MTX subwoofers and Component... they are way better then JL anyday.. yes everyone says JL is the best but they are truely lieing they sound good at low watts.. but for the half the price and more pound hitting bass go to mtx trust i seen the test on the mtx sub vs the any JL sub.. JL cant compaire to MTX subs.. it has been proven time after time.. I been installing car audio for ova ten yrs. i tell you MTX is way better hands down.. and i can prove it to any JL person.. my MTX subs will wipe the floor with your JL crap shooters LOL
iv heard that too it will be a wile before i can affored some subs because i just bought an exusst and had that installed but ill probably be buying some MTX subs in the future they will most likely be second hand from ebay tho

Quick Reply: looking for some subs