Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Made in china?

Old 06-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Default Made in china?

lol, this is a dumb question but here goes...

my dad has gone to china and i've asked him to buy a dvd player + screen, etc...im just wondering if anyone has had experience with the chinese bought equipment?

As they look good on adverts but might not perform as well as I thought it would, etc

Pete

**btw - before ppl call me racist or sumthing, I am chinese, lol ^^

Old 06-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Default RE: Made in china?

When I went to europe, the format on the Cd's and DVD where completely different then here. Or maybe it was just the DVD's. Well anyways, if he picked you up one and it doesnt read anything, you cant just return. Hope it works out for ya.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:50 AM

man stuff made in china and japan is the best. eletronics made in the usa always break lol. i think it's a great that your'e geting one from china.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

im not sure how much you know about foreign countries but in places like japan or china, their technology for hand held device or image capturing devices blows the **** out of american stuff

Old 06-12-2006, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

my buddy got a in-dash t.v from e-bay from china...it was pretty good quality, the instructions were all f-d up tho..but he didnt need them anywyas

Old 06-13-2006, 08:34 AM

Well considering that the vast majority of the world's electrical equipment is primarily sourced from China and other Far-Eastern nations, I would say you will probably be ok. Just make sure you ask your dad to check the DVD player over for stuff like quality of materials, as this can often give you a good insight into how well it will last.

Also, make sure you ask your dad to check what format the player runs on. Here in the UK we use PAL, whereas you US guys are all on NTSC. Only reason I know this is because I grew up in Hong Kong, and after buying NTSC Playstation games, I realised they are no use for any UK spec Playstation. Or to put it differently, I couldnt play any new games on it! Gutted!

=chris=