Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

neons and cathods

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:23 AM
HCF Member
Default neons and cathods

Alright so I just installed two 12" green neons under the dash, and I'm thinking about puting two more under the seats to go in the back, but everyone is talking about cold cathods from oznium, so I'm thinking maybe those. ButI was wondering with them being so cheap would it be a good idea to put two under each bucket seat, one in the back and one in the front to make the front brighter? Or would that not do much?

Old 03-28-2007, 09:35 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: neons and cathods

it'd definitely do something under the back seat, although the neon and cathodes might be different shades of green so it might look odd in the front. Cathodes arent the most durable things in the world, and like badboybilly said a while ago, his cathodes got shattered within the first week of them being uner his back seats. I say go forit though, in all honesty i think it looks sick. You just need to make sure the wires are ran correctly so that the seats are still adjustable back and forth without pinching any wires. Also, you need to warn your friends when they sit back there. I think Billy's got broke because his friends didnt know they were under there and kicked them. www.oznium.com is where i get any of my lighting equipment, whether its LEDs, cathodes, or switches, those guys all have top of the line stuff for a really good price. Good luck! And post pics, neon pictures are always sick [8D]

Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM
HCF Member

now that i look at your gallery the neons look fairly dull compared to the cathodes, so i thnk the contrast will either look really odd or really sweet, i cant tell haha

Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

The neons that are in are brighter thanthey lookin those pictures,I just can't seem to get a good picture of them.

But yeah maybe it will look cool. I think I'm guna order some.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

For the price of cathodes... replace those neons. Cathodes are way
brighter than neons. If you replace your neons under the dash with
cathodes you won't need ones under your seats trust me. I had led's in
the front of mine (as you can see in my avatar). I had 1 15 inch tube on
each side. And it was bright as hell but 2 cathodes in the back seat
were brighter than the led's plus there's no hotspots. Its good you're
going with green tho. Because most of the other color cathodes I've seen
in person are pretty dull but green is amazing and blue cathodes are
nothing to frown at.

The only reason mine broke was because like flip said people didn't know
they were there. Plus cuz I think I'm a gangsta my seats were as far
back as possible making for not too much leg room. Had they been better
placed, they would have worked just fine. Like I said replace your neons
with green cathodes and I PROMISE you you will not be dissapointed. And
at 8 bux a pair.. You cannot beat the value. Oznium ftw.

(By the way.. Thank you flip for referring to me. Ha. I was beginning to
feel that I'm a nobody on the forum.. Like nobody knew me.. And most
people don't even acknowlege my posts. So at least I know someone knows
I'm here. Haha)

Old 03-28-2007, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I might just do that. I'll order four from oznium, then if like you say just the fronts bright enough i'll do something like on in the trunk and one under the hood or some deal like that.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:06 PM
HCF Member

if you think you might do all that.. just buy them all at once. why pay shipping 3 times when you only need to pay once. and its not like you'd have to save up a ton of money for the cathodes i mean. they're dirt cheap. be careful putting them in the engine bay tho because cathodes are not waterproof. you have to seal up the edges of each tube and you have to put the transformer somewhere where it cant get wet. because as addiction2bass has said a million times, if 1 drop of water gets into the transformer... its done. but yea. i would just buy them all at once and save yourself some moeny for shipping and some time waiting. if you have any questions about wiring or anything dont hesitate to post and we'll answer any questions you have.

good luck and glow on.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

oz also has some sweet new thin led strips!
and depending on who rides in your car would be the choice for cathodes or led strips.....

as a few people have said that people in their back seat kicked and broke the cathodes...

now the led strips you can kick the crap outta them and they will never break

i want to get some of thier new ribben led strips. those look SUPER THIN.. and should work GREAT lighting up my front firing sub box...........

those things look SUPER THIN!!!!!!!! only thing im not sure about them is if they are also waterproof or not like the regular led flexstrips..

Old 03-30-2007, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

I would imagine they would be. But who knows. Could always ask phil. He's always around to talk to customers. +102363829372974828 for oz customer service.

Quick Reply: neons and cathods