Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New civic new system!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Default RE: New civic new system!

You should go to partsexpress.com, I have found good prices there.

and about the subwoofers in the future...
I bought the MA Audio loaded box with two 10" subs. I see a lot of people hatin' on MA Audio, but I really like the way they sound, and when I see people talking crap about the brand, I don't understand why they don't like it. They sound good to me, and don't distort. They hit the bass really deep and clear. I think they are great subwoofers for the price, but, to each their own I suppose.
They are pretty inexpensive though. I bought mine for $130 on partsexpress.com, and then I went to my local pawn shop and got a Profile Baja 700W amp for $60. I also have no complaints about the amp, it works good, doesn't overheat, and has a sturdy metal casing.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

never heard anything about kicker speakers, my friend has a pair and i've never really listened to them. but whatever speakers you get they're not going to sound very good with that junk headunit. I suggest upgrading the head unit first. as for your sub, my neighbor has two alpine type R 10's and I was very impressed with the responsiveness of the sub as well as the quality. If I was to purchase a 10, i'd go with a type r. by the way the type r speakers are the same way, i have them all the way around in my car.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:27 PM
HCF Member

i used to have JBL as my speakers and my amp, I loved it the sound was incredible and my head unit was a panasonic with a P3 sub it was in my 97 civic it was great i would recommend JBL for speakers