Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New HU and Honda Odyssey Speakers in my Civic.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Default New HU and Honda Odyssey Speakers in my Civic.

WOW! I am so amazed at the sound of my new stereo. I upgraded the Civic's HU to an Eclipse with WMA/MP3 and I also swapped out the crappy OEM speakers for ones from my Odyssey Touring. The Touring's speakers absolutely rock! I tried the speakers first (the grill pops off easy). I needed to creat a wooden trim ring - and even then, the fit was tight. These Touring speakers are amazing. they have neo magnets and poly cones. I am impressed, even with the OEM HU running them. The bass response is very tight and firm. I am so impressed, I'm tempted to return the JL 10's I purchased and not even install my amp and such! Note: these speakers are not a permanent install. They were temporary until I can get other speakrs. As much as the wife freaked whern I can home after spending $600 at the audio shop, she'd have divorced me had I also brought home speakers.

So, onto the HU. The install was very easy and straight forward. I mounted the new HU right in the place the OEM sat. I love this new HU! The sound is amazing. And as much as I'm not a fan of WMA files for SQ, I can burn about 10 albums onto a data disk and it works very well. The name of the album + song even scrolls across face. The HU I am using is an Eclipse CD5435. I wanted a HU with an AUX out, but with the WMA feature, I may not even hook up a plug to the RCA AUX inputs...? Nah, I was just kidding, of course I will