Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Nos bottle subs

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Nos bottle subs

has anyone ever seen these? they're made by bazooka... Is bazooka a pretty good brand? I like what I have seen/heard from them... does anyone know where you can buy the nos subs and how much they cost? I can't seem to find them... and crutchfields website won't come up... any body have opinions on these things?? I believe that have a built in amp, correct?? what do they sound like? I don't want ear shattering bass, b/c I listen to rock. I think an 8 would be just fine... and I think it would look cool....

Old 11-04-2005, 01:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Nos bottle subs

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! They bring "Junk in the trunk" to literal terms.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

thats just gay.

then again it would be cool if u were really running nitrous and had the actual bottle hidden, and then rock those in the trunk. "Yo i got NAWWWWWWWWS"........................but u really do lol.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:21 PM
HCF Member

For the love of god just get an Infinity Basslink if you want something with an amp in it. If you buy "NOS" subs we can't be friends, sorry.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:51 PM
HCF Member

you will be banned

Old 11-04-2005, 06:46 PM
HCF Member

i had 8 of these in a jeep cherokee once and the power was unbelievable. It blew my windows and doors out!!!! Never underestimate the power of NOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Old 11-05-2005, 09:31 AM

You can get them on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BAZOOKA-NOS8-NOS...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 11-05-2005, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

I don't know about the NOS bottle set-ups because I have never heard them, but the regular Bazookas are awesome. I hate the amplified ones, just becasue they are underpowered, but there is no set-up out there that is more space, weight, or power efficient.

On a side note, Bazooka tubes were invented here, and by a guy that lives right down the street from me. I used ot go over there and he was always testing stuff and putting some crazy bass contraptions together. He had a switch box in his car and he would put 4 different subs in the trunk with the same power to them and switch back and forth to see which sounded the best, and the 8" tube pwned. They have gotten a little corporate now since he sold the patent a long time ago, but the old school tubes were the bomb. I rocked (2) 8's on a Punch 45 for 2 or 3 years.

I'm all nostalgic now. Anybody wanna trade an L7 Solobaric 12 for two 8" Bazookas?

Old 11-07-2005, 12:33 AM
HCF Member

welll guys, i know it sounds gay... but I only wanted to do it if I can find a real nitrous set up so I can set the real bottle right next to the fake one.... that wouldn't be so bad would it?!

everyone with info-thanks

Old 11-07-2005, 12:37 AM
HCF Member

here are some specs from these subs--- do they sound decent? how would it sound? sorry about all the questions... but it sound like this may not be such a bad idea... if I can also find a real nitrous set up too!

Power Handling: 300 Watts
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Sensitivity: 120dB
Frequency Response: 39 - 1500Hz
Recommended Power: 150 Watts (RMS)
Voice Coil Size: 2" High Power/High Temperature
Magnet Weight: 36 oz.

Quick Reply: Nos bottle subs