Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Phattest system settup EVER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Default Phattest system settup EVER!!!!

HEY YALL, CHECK THIS PEMP SYSTEM SETUP OUT!!!!!!!!

it's for a bmw but i dont see why i couldnt do it to the civic and save all that trunk space. what do u guys think?

CAN IT BE DONE????

i'll post pictures when i finish it.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

___ __ __
| / \\_/|/ _. . _
| \__// \|\__(_|\/|(_

[IMG]local://upfiles/15957/DE4FCCF4A1C74D72B2E6101B2D25D10C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Default RE: Phattest system settup EVER!!!!

Yeah, it can be done in a Civic, too... but it would probably sound like crap. Basically, they're using an infinite baffle sub, which means instead of building a box for the trunk, the trunk becomes the box... which also means you have to have a decently air-tight trunk. (not perfect) It'll probably sound DECENT, but not as good and strong as a ported or sealed box. That's sorta how my friend did his 2 12's in his Camaro... infinite baffle... in the trunk space... it thumped, but not near as hard as it could have.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

YEAH YO THAT IS HAWT SON, PHATTTT WITH A PH.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:58 PM
HCF Member

YEAH YEAH SON!1! THATS PEMPEN!

You could do this. You wouldn't even have to run it infinite baffle like mentioned above. It just depends on how much you want to spend on installation.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:43 AM

alll beamers rattlle sooo BAD unless you have them matted, TRUST ME i used to install systems for a living , they all rattle the trunks! i never really checkoed out the link i jsut skimmed threw it

Old 11-18-2006, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kman92civicsi

alll beamers rattlle sooo BAD unless you have them matted, TRUST ME i used to install systems for a living , they all rattle the trunks! i never really checkoed out the link i jsut skimmed threw it
Ok I was about to beg to differ with you until you stated the trunk issue.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:46 AM

i dont see what's so special about it? a front firing box? wooptie doo

Old 11-18-2006, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: matts

i dont see what's so special about it? a front firing box? wooptie doo
The "special" part is that it takes little to no trunk space... but, it's not an innovation... it's been done for YEARS! It's called infinite baffle... basically, it doesn't require a box, because it uses the trunk as the box... which has many intrinsic problems as well.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:59 PM

ya if it is going to use the trunk as a box, DONT DO IT !!! , it will sound liek straight A$$ . the trunk is not a proper airtight zone the sound is going to be absorbed into the trunk and SH** a box is there for the sound to bounce off of, your subs will not be nearly as loud as they could be , they will sound bad ,and rattle your trunk. trust me spend the extra 50 bucks to get a sub box, it will take up more room but sound A MILLION TIMES BETTER!

Old 11-18-2006, 07:03 PM

well my take is it my not be as loud, but it is right in the car with you, if its a high quality sub it will sound good, adding the the music, not thumping down the street and waking people up. being pretty much in the car it won't need to be as loud as it would need to be in the trunk.

Quick Reply: Phattest system settup EVER!!!!