Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

PS2 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Default PS2 Civic

OK, so PitchBlack and I were hangin out Saturday while my windows were gettin retinted. Afterwards we head over to his place to chill and play some video games. I notice he had one of the super small PS2s and make some stupid random coment about it like i do everything. PB was like yeah, that thing would fit in my glove box mang. Right as he is sayin that you see the lights turn on in both of our heads! We were both like yeah, lets do it. So, we headed out to the car and started makin plans. Then after about 3 ****in hours of searchin, all of Fort Wayne for the parts we needed, construction began. I am fairly sure both of us knew i was gunna be a long night, but it ended up being twice as long. Takin the or i should say trying to get the dash out of this car was a flippin pain in the ***. So, yada yada yada, and about 12 hours later we emerge with a fully functions and removeable PS2 in the glove box, 2 controler ports mounted in the center center console, and a 7in LCD in the drivers side dash! Here are the pix! If you are in a hurry just chec out the ones with the stars at the end.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Dude, it would be sweet if we installed a PS2 in your Glove box!

nice very nice great job looks like a profesional shop did it

Old 06-05-2006, 08:00 AM
HCF Member

Very sweet man. Is it me or the screen looks a tad of centered? Anyway, write a DIY on it!

Old 06-05-2006, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Very sweet man. Is it me or the screen looks a tad of centered? Anyway, write a DIY on it!
Its not cented with the glove box, is centered on the flat portion of the dash!

Old 06-05-2006, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

now i look at it... i see that. Im sure in real life its a whole different animal.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:48 PM

Looks sweet man. I like the older Ps2 that has the game tray come out. Also, the Pyle monitor is just like its name, a pyle of s***. All in All, pretty sweet deal.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:21 PM

nice, how much did the screen and all end up costing ya?

Old 06-05-2006, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

looks good man, i got my t.v in but havent put the ps2 up to the t.v yet..im just lazy to get a power converter, im looking for a cam to hook up to it

Old 06-05-2006, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

It looks good but there are 2 things I dont like about it. One is that you choose the worst possible brand for a moniter.......2 being that this action is irreversible, unless you wanna buy a new dash. I do plan on putting a PS2 in my glovebox, but I do not plan on drilling holes. Overall great craftsmanship, but I dont like doing things that you cant reverse. I plan on putting my car back to stock when I sell it, this way people think it wasnt beat up, that it was just used for a commuter.. Regardless of the modification, it shows a kid owned it. Looks good, which is a good thing, because youre stuck with it now.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 AM

We did not care about brand names we just got the screen the fit what we wanted to do!

Screen was like $230 and other parts and stuff wasnt over $80 not including the PS2 and controler, but then again there was about 16 hours of labor involved!

Wal-Mart has cheap power inverts for like $35 with 2 outlets!

Anything is reversible, it just depends on how much $$$ you got!
So, ummmm Pete, how you gunna put a PS2 in your glovebox and not put holes in it to route cables? ****, if you are gunna do that will the cables everywhere why not just put it under the passenger seat? At least that way most of the cables are out of sight and you dont got **** just layin everywhere! But, to EACH his own and this was ours.

Quick Reply: PS2 Civic