Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

ps2 slim fit, but where?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Default ps2 slim fit, but where?

i hav 2 ps2 slims (bc my brother brought a ps3) and i wanted to put one in my civic... conventional wisdom would say - put it in the glovebox, but i have wireless controllers, which makes it impossible to close the glovebox, and the slim only opens upwards... by the way, the glovebox in the 03 civic ex coupe is small and its more like a right triangle than conventional gloveboxes....

basically, what other places could i put it at? im open for all suggestions

Old 11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Default RE: ps2 slim fit, but where?

in your living room, where intelligent people put their console game systems...

having one in a car is both a distraction, and rather foolish, especially with a screen where the driver can see it

almost up there with bright ideas like reading while driving... putting on makeup while driving, or driving while blind

Old 11-29-2006, 02:28 PM

so tru, but i do hav one in my living room and..... i still wanna do it, but as always, thanks for your suggestion...

Old 11-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thats one thing thats bad about the SLIMs....
i was gonna put one in my truck..... BUT that manual door KILLS your mounting options!!!!!

id say get a older ps2 OR xbox, or xbox 360
xboxs have the built in hard drives...... upload all your cds on them and use them as your cd changer as well as video games

thats what i plan on puting in my civic is a xbox 360.......

Old 11-30-2006, 07:32 AM

yeah, it seems like a novel idea... so you're try'n to put an Xbox 360 in your car? That thing is a beast, so I'm curious to where you would mount it... In addition, jus like the PS3, the X360 has overheating problems... and with less space for heat to escape, it might hav ev'n more difficulty, ya kno? maybe you kno someth'n that i don't

Old 11-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well the 360s do get preaty warm BUT you can get some coolers now......... when my original first batch 360 finaly died i replaced it with one and bought a cooling kit "INTERCOOLER" i believe was the name.... it plugs inline in the rear between the main power supply...
this way its only ON when the system is powered ON...
i think the 360 would be the easiest to put in a car! plug that cooling system into the back and slap it under the seat OR my idea was to cut up my center console and put it thier... tho would have to extend it up and back most likely. LOL

BUT first things first i just gotta get a screan first.LOL

Old 11-30-2006, 08:52 AM

haha - when you cut up your center console, i need pics bc i want to see that.... that someth'n serious! - but me personally, i wouldn't want my gaming system to be exposed for public viewing, ya kno?

Old 11-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well when i do mine its not gonna be visable to the world...........
preaty much building a MDF box around the console with maybe alittle fiberglass work for some decent curves....

with some holes in the botoms of the console with some additional 12volt fans also hooked up to my power converters ON wire..........

it can be done!!!!!!! just loose the center console to put stuff.. but thats nothing!
and MAYBE or most likely... the center of the back seat wouldnt fit a grown adult.LOL cause they wouldnt have any foot room in the middle... well like they had any to begin with.LOL

PLUS the 360s already have wireless controls, which work GREAT even in the next room!
tho youd want the premium model for the wireless controler and hard drive...

its more of a..... when i get that far i will MAKE IT WORK.LMFAO

Old 11-30-2006, 10:38 AM

haha, u doin it big, man... i think i see ur vision now.

wha do u think about a sliding mechanism that can slide out my ps2 slim when i want to put a game in? then, the mechanism could lock into place once im done putting my game in it.... sounds crazy, but i think it can be done....right?!? i jus wouldn't kno where to place that mechanism at

Old 11-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member

you can with some simple shelf tracks...... if ya got a old computer desk that has the drawer slide tracks...

but instead of screwing the ps2 SOLID id build alittle U channel for the PS2 to kinda sit in... but have it top and bottom.... and easiest way to attach it alittle more solid is some simple HOT GLUE gun

will be removable and still not mark up the ps2 consol...

tho its still a task that will take time to do!

the hardest part will be finishing it off with some good cosmetic final touches!

for the track application id put it under the passenger seat and have it slide forwards... just be sure to keep the cooling fans clear on the ps2 or even add alittle 12volt fan to it to help blow air thru it to cool it beter... if memory serves me right i belive the cooling is from the rear and going out the front as well... I THINK!!!!!! its been at least 2years since ive had a ps2.

just get creative......... and try it....

Quick Reply: ps2 slim fit, but where?