Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

question on amp settings....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
HCF Member
Default question on amp settings....

ok so if course i know how to do my gains and everything but i was wondering about the other settings that were on there....i think that i dont really need to use the LPF since im not running subs or anything like that so im pretty sure im just using my HPF for all my mids and highs since its a 4channel.I was just wanting to know if i should use my HU HPF and LPF instead of the ones on the amp and leave those on full or if i should use the filters on both the amp and the HU...im not sure what to have some of these on.If i missed anything pls let me know and anything on what i need these on would be great...sorry if the pic is pretty blurry but you can kinda see what the settings are.If not i could take a pic later again.

Name:  amp.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  48.6 KB

Old 03-27-2007, 07:45 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: question on amp settings....

Well, If I were you, I would set your HPF to a reasonable level, maybe even a little too low, allowing some bass into the speakers, but not enough to blow them at high levels. Then you can use your head unit's filters to change it when needed. Sometimes I run the head unit HPF's lower for rock, and higher for rapish stuff. If the head unit won't get you that perfect level, you can fine tune it with the amp's onboard filters.

Leaving the HPF on back there will just act as a saftey incase some idiot turns your filters off or down too low, and ends up feeding way too much bass to your mid's. I don't see any reason they would clash or anything, should work pretty good.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

^^^ agreed, its alot easier to use the head unit while driving then the amps setting isnt it?? For a more precise use, check the box or specs on your speaker, see what frequencies they are capable of producing comfortably and use that as an idea of where your filters should lay at.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

lol well i dont really wanna set any of those setting WHILE im driving....i got most of them last night i just need to do a bit of tweaking later on.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:27 PM

I would use one or the other it is a filter think of it this way would you use a fuel filter in the front and in the back. Both do the same thing when you use both of them they are kind of over doing it and you don't get the same quality of output wont really notice unless your running a high end component set high end cd player with real cd's not burned ones mp3 cds or radio though. set it at around 65-85hz or so and forget about it. I would keep that bass control off though that with the loud feature on your cd player with your gain clipping just a little that might not be audible to you as distortion is still dirty power to the speakers and will blow them at high volumes all distortion is is excessive heat to the speakers.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

well i know all that....i wouldnt even have my loud button on and i never have bass boost on the amp.I do have a high end compenet set and cd player.