Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

radio wont work at all

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Default radio wont work at all

i recently had hooked up an amp to my stock stereo with a 2Pac converter, and after that my stereo wouldnt work at all unless i had the remote wire (yellow with red stripe) combined with the power wire (white with blue strip), and every time i would turn my car on the stereo would reset and prompt me for my code, this was happening because everytime the car shut off all power stopped going to the stereo and then the handy "anti theft" took hold...but when i would not combine the two wires, the stereo wouldnt even work at all!!!

if you are having this similar problem....i have the solution!!

my car is a 2000 honda civic EX but i am sure this will work on most hondas....

make sure all your wires are connected right, none of them briged together, all of them connected back to each other and cover each with electircal tape to prevent any others from touching and canceling out....now, in your hood there is a fuse box to the left of your battery, remove the cover and replcae the Radio Backup fuse, there is a diagram on the cover of what is what....its a 7.5 fuse....once you replace that and all your wires on the harness are connected right, your stereo should work completely fine!

if you need a wiring diagram...heres one http://carstereohelp.net/wireharness_Honda1.htm

good luck!

~Marcus

Old 08-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Default RE: radio wont work at all

wow it's like rocket science... you are one smart fella