Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Rear deck plastic trim making alot of noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Default Rear deck plastic trim making alot of noise

The rear plastic trim that covers the rear speakers makes irritating noises everytime the bass hits, even at low volume.
It spoils the music and im sick of it being that way.
Im thinking of putting some deadening mats under it and see how it goes.
Any cheaper options other then Dynamat?

Old 06-05-2007, 05:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Rear deck plastic trim making alot of noise

yes, the dynamat will not work that well in that area, take some rubber tube about 1/4" thick and stuff it with a screw driver in between the back windshield and the plastic all the way across the back, that will help hold it down and it eliminated the majority of my rattling in my car. Your welcome in advance for saving you some money
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-06-2007, 03:43 PM

haha, never thought of that, excellent solution.
i will try it out.
yes, saving extra bucks is nice.
thanks

Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 AM

lol, i went ghetto with mine.. I cut up some t-shirts and wedged them between the deck and the window. It still rattled a little bit afterwards, but not nearly as bad. Then i took a little section of 4 guage speaker wire and wedged it between the deck and window as well, on the left, middle and right sections of the deck. No more rattling :-D. lol doesn't look very obvious either. You can't really even tell unless you're looking for it. It was cheap and effective, so whatever. haha

Old 06-07-2007, 10:24 PM

I had a friend who rode around with socks in the seals of the back deck. Pretty lame, Idealy take the deck off and build a custom fiberglass deck lol

Old 06-07-2007, 10:29 PM
HCF Member

theres this stuff called fatmat that is supposed to be the exact same thing as dynamat, it just doesn't have a popularr name. I really dontknow if it works, but they same its the same stuff. and you can get 100 sq. feet for $100, so its insanely cheaper

Old 06-08-2007, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

ya i got the same problem except i have a 200 hatch, so should i try the same thing?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

ya i got the same problem except i have a 200 hatch, so should i try the same thing?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
HCF Member

i got a really good deal on some dynamatextremea while back and Iput it behind all the panels and in thespare tire area in teh trunk area of my hatch. It works freakin awesome and I recommend using dynamat to anyone that wants to stop any kind of rattling, or just to cut down on exhaust oroutside noise. nothing rattles at all anymore and it was pretty bad before, also my sub increased by about 3 db. so if you have the money definetaly do it. if its too expensive for you then there are some cheaper alternatives like fatmat and edead. the only downside is they are not as thick, but ar much cheaper

Check this site out, its a complete comparison of all the deadening material brands and how well they work and such:
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Old 06-08-2007, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

SOCKS FTW!!!!

Quick Reply: Rear deck plastic trim making alot of noise