Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Reference or Kappa?

Old 03-04-2006, 03:39 AM
Default Reference or Kappa?

I'm looking to get new door speakers and have decided to either go with the Infinity references or the kappas. Anyone have any advice on which to go with? Are the kappas worth the extra $40?

Old 03-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Default RE: Reference or Kappa?

It's really a matter of money. Are you running these speakers off of a amp? If so, get the Kappas. The kappa series infinity's sound great if they are run off an amp, plus you would need an amp to get the full potential out of them. If you were not planning on running them of an amp, go with reference series. If you have anymore question, feel free to PM me. I may be able to get either set of these speakers at a better price. All legit. PM me with further questions.

Old 03-05-2006, 01:59 AM
HCF Member

Whats your total budjet....($) ?

Old 03-05-2006, 03:07 AM

First of all, i'm running a basslink II and dont have an amp currently. There is the basslink 4sc module which is an amp that powers your speakers that just adds onto the basslink but i was told it would be more effective to get new speakers first. Obviously, I'd rather spend less, but if the kappas are really worth it, i'd get them rather than the references. I really don't want to spend more that $150.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:53 AM

References probly be your better choice then.. they will sound good being ran off of lower power .. vs kappas which are meant for high end total amp power systems .. such as Padres stated above.. most people can only tell minor difference but the Kappas might actually sound worse if you dont have the RMS power behind them.. Just my .02 sense

Old 03-05-2006, 01:04 PM

good advice mental, thanks!

Old 03-05-2006, 02:36 PM

No prob.. if you do want some serious sound though,, even off your head deck.. save for the Qform kick panels.. 150 for pair.. And Audiobahn 3 way components.. if you have EK should fit in nice.. and sound great

Edit" sorry was looking for link but they arent on etronics anymore and none on ebay :-( sorry.. but should be some other 3ways that sound decent ..

Old 03-05-2006, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

I've put Reference series components in a car and have installed Kappas and personally have Perfects.

-If you get the Reference components instead of coaxials and run them with the 4sc you'll be very happy.
-If you get the Kappa coaxials you'll be even happier.
-If you get Perfects you'll be so happy you might pee your pants but you'll be dead broke.

I'm my experience the Kappas are definitly better than the References because of the aluminum cones vs. plastic but the Reference components are FAR better than anything in that price range.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:24 PM

ha, yeah, i'll pee my pants...then i'll look in my wallet and **** my pants. tough decision though, nice to hear the input as always.