Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Speaker & Sub setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
HCF Member
Default Speaker & Sub setup

So today i have decided on what speaker and sub and amp and whatever setup lol so i'm going to sell my CompVR subwoofers and kenwood amp and get

: Dual Solo-baric L5
: ZX850.2 (for the subs)

: SS65.2 all around
: ZX650.4 (for the speakers)

Anyone got any suggestions let me know!

So if anyone is looking some subs check out the classified!
CompVRs
Kenwood Amp
Kicker 300.1
Amp Kit

Old 05-25-2007, 08:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Speaker & Sub setup

kicker highs are terrible. they are the furthest thing from good sound ive ever heard. go with Rockford, MTX, Diamond, "high end" kenwoods, or possibly even some polk momo's. but never kicker. they have great amps and ok subs but they flunked in the mid-high range category

Old 05-25-2007, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

oh one more thing you might want to look into the L7's instead of the L5's. the L7's are a better woofer with more power handling

Old 05-25-2007, 08:10 PM

i got momo components and momo carbon coaxials in my teg and they are great, complimented by a single 12 CVR. Our old shop speakers were the Kicker Components and it drove me mad till the day the new sales guy sold them, he has been my best friend ever since. If your going to be hauling around that much sound equipment i would get an alarm.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 01civicsed

kicker highs are terrible. they are the furthest thing from good sound ive ever heard. go with Rockford, MTX, Diamond, "high end" kenwoods, or possibly even some polk momo's. but never kicker. they have great amps and ok subs but they flunked in the mid-high range category
Your an idiot. You simply judge a whole brand just by probally an entry-level in a ****ty install.

He is looking at SS components which would own any rockford, mtx, and especially kenwood speakers. And the momos as well. They are almost on par with the Polk SR6500s.

Learn a lil before giving horrible advice.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:59 AM

Personally I dont trust square subs, because while a square does offer greater surface area than a circle, it also leads to more distortion because of thecorners not providing linear something something... Im sure the727kid will have something to say about this. And thats 2 votes against 1 vote for the kicker mids, personally, Id be inclined to take the advice on board and make upmy own opinion. Personally Id go with something different, maybe the brands sugested. (Sorry, cant help there cause they arnt very big brands in Oz. We use alot of Alpine, Sony, Kenwood, JL, JBL, Cadence, Fusion.) IMO, I would look into either a set of Alpines, but they are expensiveso Id saya set of JBL components are the way to go.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well one thing most people should know is.... one brand doesnt have all the best equipment....
i always mix and match my equipment...

only reason some people run one brand only is either brand name loyality.... or they are sponsored and have to run them all....

im not voting either way on the speakers tho.... from my experience dont trash talk anything that YOU havent instaled and listened to in your ride!!!!!! other wise your opinion realy doesnt mean much cause your just going off someones heresay... and what makes that heresayer such a expert.... they probably didnt instal them right or had a horible amplifier on them... just so many factors...
so unless ive ran them in my car before i wont tell anyone differently!

but personaly from what ive HEARD the alpine type R components are good so thats what ill be swapen out my REaudio comps and swapen out my pioneer 6x9s for some alpine 6x9s for my rearfill..... but that wont be for sometime!

Old 05-26-2007, 06:39 AM
HCF Member

Thanx for the advice guys.. But you didn't have smash on them lol

And chaos why would you suggest Sony ... they sell Sonys at walmart .. doesn't that tell you anything lol no offense but i ****ing hate sony car audio systems they just suck period there shouldn't be any explainin to that ... lol no offense bro thanx for the advce tho i appreciate it

Old 05-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member

from my PERSONAL OPINION... all sony products suck... all power acoustic amplifiers suck... and all audiobahn speakers suck and subs are border line.LOL

Old 05-26-2007, 09:41 AM

I agree on the square subs, majority of the time they sound like ***. Takes a real nice install to get them to sound nice. How many of you have heard the SS series?? What gets me is ya'll talk just about the mids like the tweets don't exist lol. I have heard almost every speaker line by Kicker, the KS mids are rather muddy and dull, but the SS is a whole different subject. As far as the midbass on them it is quite nice, they even make an add-on midbass kit that people use in active setups...hmmm. But the SS series would comparable to the Alpine Type-X components, I think the SS are better though.

Quick Reply: Speaker & Sub setup