Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Speaker & Sub setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:30 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Speaker & Sub setup

i love my rockford fosgate setup in my ride...i've got rockford everything except an MTX amp powering my speakers but other than that i've got rockford speakers, subs and an amp powering my subs...i've had no problems with it and i personally love the sound of them...always have...i think it's best to go into like best buy or something and pesonally give a listen to all the different speakers and subs and plan your buy that way...if your budget fits accordingly then go for it! i'd recommend rockford to anyone!

Old 05-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

what no rockford amp.... hell thats thier best area if ya ask me.... they did go to crap for ashort while but have came back ive heard which is why im going to buy a T1..... amp next friday! i got enough now to buy it BUT that would leave ZERO buffer in my bank account.LOL
rms typicaly 1500watts rms.... only rated at 1K... hell ya! and a huge plus for me is i can hide the wires

Old 05-26-2007, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

to the727kid, first ive worked in car audio for almost 6 years now, and ive seen almost everything kicker has to offer and just let me say KICKER HIGHS SUCK. ive never heard a pair that sounded good and ive heard a lot of pairs. "even the ss components." and unless youve seen my work you need not call it ***ty install. how hard is it to screw speakers in a door. well maybe hard for you? i welcome advice, even that i may not like, but i dont accept trash talk. I'm a newbie cause i just bought a civic not because i was just born. if you want to talk trash. talk it elsewhere not on this forum.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

what no rockford amp....
I think i mentioned it in my post but I have an MTX powering my speakers and a Rockford powering my subs...

Old 05-26-2007, 03:10 PM
HCF Member

kicker mids and highs are alright, but i agree that you should go with alpine. i have alpine type S coaxial speakers in my doors and rear deck, and they sound awesome. so if you went with a set of apline type R components, definitly wouldnt be complaining

Old 05-26-2007, 03:20 PM
June 2010 ROTM

just a forwarning... ...if you blow a square sub, you have to buy a square sub again to fit the box. Plus resale of square subs is horrible. You can't give them away half of the time. I don't know how much you need to bump, but I had two 12" for the longest time because I thought one sub wasn't enough. Because my car isn't a rolling stereo I need trunk space and I then "down-graded" to only 1 12" sub. It still bumps like no other!

So, in summary, I suggest 1 12" round sub!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

iv'e installed and heard many sets of SSs my only complaint is the tweets are very harsh and fatieguing.running active will help you get control of them. if there to bright you can throw a 8ohm resistor in line with them,and that usually helps.for best sound for price check out diamond D6s they have a ton of middbass and decent crossovers.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: 01civicsed

to the727kid, first ive worked in car audio for almost 6 years now, and ive seen almost everything kicker has to offer and just let me say KICKER HIGHS SUCK. ive never heard a pair that sounded good and ive heard a lot of pairs. "even the ss components." and unless youve seen my work you need not call it ***ty install. how hard is it to screw speakers in a door. well maybe hard for you? i welcome advice, even that i may not like, but i dont accept trash talk. I'm a newbie cause i just bought a civic not because i was just born. if you want to talk trash. talk it elsewhere not on this forum.
I'm not a Kicker fan at all, I personally dispise them but I give respect where respect is due. The SS are very nice speakers all-around.

Now if you been in the speakers business for 6 years and think all you do to install speakers properly is screw them in, well my friend you don't know ****. I have only been into audio for a year and already seems I know tons more than you. Posistioning tweeters, tuning, setting xover points, properly deadning and sealing doors, making baffles ect. are all part of properly installing speakers not just screwing it in and hooking it up to the amp.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:01 PM
HCF Member

well first those are all great things to know and yes they are the correct way to install. the issue is not that you said my installing was ***ty but that you called me an idiot. i have nothing against kicker i have a kicker amp on my sub and i think it is one of the best amps ive ever owned. but after all most speaker installs that i do are in fiberglass pods to i dont even screw them into the doors. congrats on learning all that stuff in a year but you still have a lot to learn. i sell kicker and believe me theres better out there MUCH better.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19580/E6C37B1C9ECE4ACBA184EA09D11D6B8F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19580/560C502FB7F3415DB5E88A81C4E99C50.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-27-2007, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

well seeing how i get a ridiculous discount on subs speakers amps blah blah blah if i blow a square sub i'll get another one ill say i made a bad decision getting squares but its not all about highs and mids its about the mix lol i didn't ask for an opinion on installations anyone can do a installation with a lil elbow grease haha no offense .. i might just stick with some dual kicker 15's instead of getting the squares lol might be a better choice they'd be around the same price anyway what do all you think of the Eclipse CD-5100 i might get that i heard its nice .. lol i'd get it for $175 not bad at all right? lol and i have been a kicker fan ever since my brother bought the first models .. so anymore suggestions would be nice

Quick Reply: Speaker & Sub setup