Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

subs??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:36 AM
HCF Member
Default subs??

i just got 2 12's and a 1600 watt amp..its all hooked up but should i have the subs facing the back of my car or towards the front? does it make a difference? also. i have a 98 civic ex 2 Dr coupe. whats the cheapest best way to stop the rattle from the trunk...its not bad at all actually i just don't want any rattling.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:41 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

In a coupe it doesnt really matter, what you want is the sound to bounce off something. So if your going to ride with your seats folded down in the back then face the subs towards your deck lid so they have that to bounce off of. You also need have the same thing with your port (if its a ported box). Its more important to have your port facing something to bounce off of then it is your sub cones.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 AM
HCF Member
Default subs??

how do i get it so my licensed plate does not rattle...also would that 3M sound proof spray work to make less rattling?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

In my hatch i have my subs pointed towards the hatch. Tighten that license plate down. I used some sound proofing stuff on mine. Mine doesn't rattle at all and now i have 2 12 inch type r's

Old 10-27-2008, 11:43 AM
HCF Member
Default subs??

ok so would it lower my MPG? or even power meaning picking up speed when taking off?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullet01
how do i get it so my licensed plate does not rattle...also would that 3M sound proof spray work to make less rattling?
I used 3M sound deadening spray in my wheelwells and on the underside of my trunk lid, it made a world of difference.
I'd get a small sheet of packing material foam (kinda thin) and put it on the back of your license plate by gluing it on the back and then trimming it around the edges of the license plate. Then, coat the underside of your trunk lid in 3M sound deadening spray.

Originally Posted by silverbullet01
ok so would it lower my MPG? or even power meaning picking up speed when taking off?
no

Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
HCF Member
Default subs??

Thanks guys im excited about my new subs in my car

Old 10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
HCF Member

facing them towards a backseat causes cancelation. face them towards ur trunk.
for ur plate..... try folding up some news paper and jamming it in there. or go to a craft store get some stick sided foam paper and put it all around the plate and ur good. they are like 30 cents each and work as good as anything.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

actualy subs do effect your milage..... obvious WEIGHT, 2nd the extra draw on the alternator which in turns put the draw on your motor.... kinda like your AC. ya typicaly loose ruffly 1-3mpg depending on how much you bump!

and with a trunk setup for max bump fire them towards the rear. the bass reflection is better for some lows.

as for the trunk rattling simply thing you can do. get some camper shell foam for like truck bed toppers at any autoparts store, remove your liscence plate and put afwe strips across the back and reinstal the plate.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:49 AM

when i had my setup.2 12" jl audio subs in a ported box.with a 1200 watt amp
it took some of my acceleration away because of its weight. and my car started eating more gas.so i just got a single 12" box and its all back to normal.

Quick Reply: subs??