Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sum help please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 09:21 PM
HCF Member
Default Sum help please...

Hey, I work for best buy so i picked up a Viper 791 XV alarm for like $150 (MSRP like $500) and i hooked it all up last night except my parking lights dont flash and my doorlocks dont work with the transmitter. Everything else works fine. Could anyone help me out or anyone have any experience wit this.

Also, has anyone ever hooked up remote start to a manual trans cuz i have mine all hooked up i'm just looking for an effective neutral safety switch so i dont kill anyone.

Thank You in advance,
SHANE

Old 01-06-2006, 09:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sum help please...

I never learned much about car alarms. They are the biggest pain in the asses to deal with.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:19 PM

My theories and beliefs with car alarms, get them installed professionally... and no slam to best buy(well many sorta bc they are hardly ever the "best buy" but they are not professional).

Old 01-06-2006, 10:31 PM
HCF Member

yeah the install was $150-200 becuz the alarm includes install in the $522 price, but for $150 i just tried myself. Oh well a couple more hours of probing wires and it'll work fine.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

01, I highly advise you get it done at a respected local audio joint. They will back it up better and with less hassle if something goes wrong. Also, most of those guys and especially the shop manager are certified anyway. If not, they are being taught by the leading gurus of the country.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:36 PM
HCF Member

thanks remmy for the advice your right i should have gone to a shop in the first place but it worked out anyway. I just finished with it and everything works perfect. I just need to install the immobolizer bypass for the remote start cuz i guess my civic has a chip in the key that needs to be passed. ill let u know how it turns out.
Thanks

Old 01-07-2006, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

as far as i no you couldent hook up a remote start to a manual..i got my viper 5000 installed about not even a month ago, and on the paper it sead if its a manual you cant.. unless you found a way to bypass it or somthing..but ya,good to hear you got it all hooked up,i dont think i could of dun it...

Old 01-07-2006, 09:33 PM

yea there is a way to bypass it not exactly sure how my buddy works at a stereo shop he said the hardest part is not to leave it in gear ...but there is a way he is married or i would ask him

Old 01-07-2006, 11:09 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

as far as i no you couldent hook up a remote start to a manual..i got my viper 5000 installed about not even a month ago, and on the paper it sead if its a manual you cant.
the paper is lying
They don't want you to do it. And you probably won't be able to find a shop to do it. But it can be done.

he is married or i would ask him
Huh?

Old 01-07-2006, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

Big no no on insalling an auto start on a manual. There is this kid at our school (EG hatch with a B16) and he has a manual. One of the kids in my shop class brought his car in cause something was wrong with it. That guy goes and parks his car back in the lot. This kid puts his car in gear so it doesn't roll away or whatever. The owner comes back later that day to bring his car in. Hits the auto start, the car is in first. The car has an idle problem so it idles at like 2k. Car goes straight into two other cars, kid gets in his car and drives away and gets in big trouble. I heard it was doin a burnout when he got to the car. So anyway, i would highly advise against putting an autostart on your car. For the convience it may give you, i don't think its worth the risk of hitting another car, or worse hitting a kid or something like that.

Quick Reply: Sum help please...