HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual & Electronics (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   TOTAL NEWB!!!! HELPP WITH SOUND SYSTEM!!!!!! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/total-newb-helpp-sound-system-3520/)

imadj 03-05-2005 11:54 AM

RE: TOTAL NEWB!!!! HELPP WITH SOUND SYSTEM!!!!!!

I believe the bass blockers Remmie was talking about are in line(connected to the speaker wire between the H/U and the speakers)passive filters. These should work great just determine what frequency(sound) you want to come through before purchasing. And the line levels are cool but that or a RcA converter will work well, JBL does make solid amps with the features you need so check into them. The bass gains can be controlled through the H/U and the amp. Best bet is to see how loud the stock goes before distortion and tune the amp in behind it(gains,booster, HZ)

As far as product goes depends on your budget and EVERYONE has different recommendations as far as product is concerned(speakers, amps..)so go around see what sound best for you and get them. And be careful taking you door panels off when getting to your speakers.
This should get you started in the right direction. Good luck

steven10 03-06-2005 12:20 PM

thanks for the reply.... so right now i think ima go ahead and buy that amp.... some 12" subs... and bass blockers... how would i go about installing bass blockers? that part is still confusing me.... also how do u install the amp if it doesnt go into the head unit? thats a little confusing tooo.... thanks a lot though... u guys have cleared a lot up for me but im still a bit lost.. so any more info would be greatly appreciated

sacicons 03-06-2005 12:29 PM

And the line levels are cool but that or a RcA converter will work well,
yeah, i was going to suggest a high/low. same thing though.

imadj 03-06-2005 02:22 PM

When you go to the audio shops in your are tell them you are keeping your stock H/U and need an amp kit for this application.(as some parts will not be needed with the regular ones) always nice to have extra stuff though. with the amp you buy they can determine the type of kit neccessary ie.. RCA converter or How Tos for line level wire splitting in your trunk.(from rear deck speakers if applicable) If you are completely unknowing and/or uncomfortable hire someone and watch this is the best way to learn aside from trial and error.

The BLOCKERS are little capacitors and inductors that based on their HZ/KHZ rating can keep un wanted noise/frequencies from passing through to speakers. The audio shops may have some neat pre built ones for sale.(or Pawnshops) Or recommend which to purchase at RadioShack for like .13 cents ( I may be off on the price)
Goodluck:)

Remmy 03-06-2005 09:21 PM

I have done a simple diagram (i did it when I was kinda drunk but you can still get the point) for where your bas blocker needs to go, it needs to go on the positive lead... not the negative, since the negative is just an exit for electricity.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1537/CAAD1CE8678A4BCEB536C172B159AB3F.jpg[/IMG]

imadj 03-06-2005 09:27 PM

Thats good enough. Drunk or sober. :)

steven10 03-06-2005 09:44 PM

yo mad props on the pic man... thanks a lot.. that makes it super simple for me... i was wondering if u can do that for me for installin a line amp and the sub.... im so lost when it comes to that... thanks a lot! =]

steven10 03-06-2005 09:47 PM

also if i connect the amp through the rear speakers... what will be affected by the amp? all the speakers or just the sub? also how many subs do you guys sugest i get? i was thinkin one 12" but some people r sayin get 2 what do u guys think? thanks

imadj 03-06-2005 09:50 PM

sounds like a sticky somewhere. :D

the immortal word of Rob Schneider(waterboy w/ A.Sandler) "You can do it!!!!! Remmie!!!"

imadj 03-06-2005 09:53 PM

Oh S*IT that was BIG![sm=jawdrop.gif]