Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

trunk rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Default RE: trunk rattle

i just bent my license plate agenst the car and it never rattles, moves, or hits....as for the trunk, i still havnt found a cheap, easy solution. i've tried to put these foam type squares inbetween the metal skeleton and the speakers/cardboard but they dont help all that much..

Old 03-01-2006, 07:52 PM

Take the license plate off and live large!!!!! =)

or do the dynamat thing lol

Old 03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

i still havnt found a cheap, easy solution.

Incase everyone happened to miss my last two posts:

USE DUCT TAPE. IT WORKS WONDERS AND I'LL BET YOU HAVE SOME IN YOUR HOUSE SO... IT'S $FREE.99

It's as simple as putting 5 layers of tape on the back of your plate and screwing it back on. Hear that? Nope... no rattle. Trust me... I have a loud *** sub and no license plate rattle.

While you're at it, ditch the license plate frame, that rattles more than the plate. Stick the bottom of the plate in the two little tabs and then screw the top in.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:03 PM

well i dont have a frame. but duct tape will work for now. the rest rattles like crazy but a least it dont sound like 100 aluminum cans are dragging. ive also herd cut tennis ***** and put in the front of the trunk then close it. im gonna try this and let you guys who love loud subs know.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

Uh, I really really would not suggest shutting your trunk on a tennis *****. I can see that bending the crap out of your trunk lid. A nerf ball or something really soft maybe, tennis ball, no.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 PM

i dont have a problem with the license plate, its that panel where the rear speakers sit on that vibrate like crazy. i stuck some foam stuff inthere but it still rattles...and i dont have money for dyno mat, rather save for suspension and wheels

Old 03-01-2006, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

I've heard that some people use that foam egg shell stuff. Its yellow and sometimes used as a mattress, i think they sell it at home depot. And i dunno if i would want to put a couple layers of duct tape in my trunk, thats kind of ghetto.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:35 PM

ya i thought about doing the egg crate stuff and completely forgot...maybe ill give it a shot when it starts to warm up..

Old 03-01-2006, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness
And i dunno if i would want to put a couple layers of duct tape in my trunk, thats kind of ghetto.
Ok so now people went from not reading my posts to ONLY reading my posts?! We were talking about the back side of the license plate. Jebus.

Actually, edit... I even state that 5 lays on the back of your license plate will keep it from ratteling.

ORIGINAL: amg6975

It's as simple as putting 5 layers of tape on the back of your plate and screwing it back on.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:33 AM

yea i took my license plate off and put it in my rear window over my 3rd brake light

Quick Reply: trunk rattle