Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Trunk rattle.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:49 AM
HCF Member
Default Trunk rattle.

I will be getting my AW1206T sub and my A2200HCT amp installed in the next week or so, and I know trunk rattle will be a MAJOR problem. The amp will be putting out 800watts rms at 2 ohms and I need to know from any one with a dynomatted trunk, on what parts of the trunk must I cover with dynomat and how thick. Is there a way to stop the rattle at all, has any one achieved this?
Thanks!
Andrey

Old 01-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Default RE: Trunk rattle.

hey im not shure what part u want to cover the most but i know sum one you can call he has been doing systems for like 16 years and been to school for it all and is very good and very smart you can call him and he should be able to tell you,

Hear's his info,

Jeff Jantz @ Caldera audio and video
phone: 1-360-840-9083

when you call him tell him Dustin told you to thanks.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

I just went to the hard ware store and picked up 40 feet of 1/4 aluminum damping. It works fine.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM

ok here ya go, stopped my rattling, get the egg crate stuff that you would use like under your bed or on your mattress and such from like walmart, kmart, target etc, it's called a bed pad made of egg crate stuff, stuff it in your trunk, up in underneath the plastic, you wont rattle a bit,

Old 02-02-2005, 07:22 PM

Also, make sure your rear license plate is screwed on tight, because rattling license plates can bring shame to even the nicest systems.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:08 PM
NTX
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Also, make sure your rear license plate is screwed on tight, because rattling license plates can bring shame to even the nicest systems.
thats the problem i have. that damn plate!

Old 02-02-2005, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

put dynamat on the back. but take off the aluminum so that its sticky on both sides. once that stuffs on there, it wont come off.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:49 AM

try bending the plate just enought to keep it wedged so that it doesn't move. thats what i did, never hear it rattle, it's screwed too. of course...

Old 02-03-2005, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

a few ways that you can do this..the 2 i would do are dynomat or great stuff it. If you are going to dynomat, you want to line the most thin parts of metal in your trunk that are going to flex. places i would recommend are side walls in your trunk(alot of flex), the thin parts of your trunk hood, and under the rear sound deck of your car.

great stuff is a fomy material outa a can. its used to insillate walls in houses.its a liquid in a can that when air is added, turns into a ssticky fome. give it some drying time and it expands and hardens your trunk. makes it sound really really solid. MAKE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER BECAUSE IT IS A B*TCH TO GET OFF AFTER IT DRYS. once your trunk does dry, you can sand,chip, whater overflow you have to make it look better. for my companies 3 show cars, we have used a comb. of both great stuff and dynamat. hope i could help.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:33 AM

like i said, egg crate, better and cheaper than any of the stuff the others have said

Quick Reply: Trunk rattle.