Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Underbody Neon Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Underbody Neon Pics?

Im thinking about getting som rainbow leds for a joke to stick under my moped. It will scream "please pull me over, im drunk" lol

Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

cold cathodes all the way man
way beter than neons!

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...odes021mpg.flv

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...odes019mpg.flv

you can see the side bulbs SLIGHTLY due to reusing old bulbs and not cleaning off the silicone off them so they are held down alittle.

im my opinion DONE RIGHT

get that even glow corner to corner and hide the bulbs alot easier! and if ya break a bulb easy to replace the bulbs and transformers. downfall abotu cold cathodes is ya have to seal the transformers realy good cause if any water get inside they will short out and be junk!

and na its not that bright BUT a cool feature on my camera i found

this is reg pics. video shows best

ALL PICS AT http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e%20underbody/

Old 08-04-2006, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

Alright, im sick of being able to see my front tube. Can anyone post a pic or two of the front tube and how they mounted it? I have no clue, i cant mount it under my bumper cuz its out in the open, and behind that is my exhaust. Where do you guys put yours?

Old 08-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i put mine right on front under the radiator support...

im using cold cathodes so i can mount mine in different ways for a perfect fit
i only have the front on a straight row on one part... for my side bulbs i have them sideways..... kinda in some slots...

BUT whereever ya mount the bulbs simply put them in some aluminum U channeling..... that way ONLY light will go downwards and wont be visable from the side/front/or behind.

worked great on mine..

thats how i did my cold cathodes.... BUT make sure your bulbs will fit into the U channeling.... i used some preaty cheap small strips for mine but my bulbs are realy small...
if ya have to you can buy some steel L channeling they make those larger but not in U channels so youll either have to buy some square tubing and have one side cut off to make it L channling OR just double up the L channeling BUT it will hold down alittle more from being doubled....
OR if your realy cheap and want quick...... black DUCT TAPE......... tho it will block out alot of light....... i dont advice for a front or rear bulb! only side bulbs cause you can have the whole rear open.... BUT either way your best light output will be some with some U channeling like i used... and aluminum id say is the best to use cause they are shiny... so reflect more light around for more output to end up on the ground also very light weight..... U channel also helps protect the bulb from something geting flung up and breaking the bulb so easy....and if ya go larger side lips hangen down even more protection....

just be sure to paint the outside of the steel or what ever ya use BLACK to make it look more factory and not stick out as much during the day!

Old 08-07-2006, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

-

Old 08-07-2006, 05:56 PM
HCF Member

lol damn dude...good idea, but i just mounted it to the bottom of the radiator support and sawed a hole in my bumper cover just big enough to let the light through. I'm very pleased, compltelty hidden and everything. Damn fine idea though, might have to try that sometime! Also, you (addiction2bass) seem to have dealt with lighitng quite a bit before so it seems like you might know. I know legitimate neons are different from LEDs in that the LEDs only cast light directly in front of them, like a flashlight would do, but neons cast light everywhere around them. Which one (neons or LEDs) are cold cathodes like? Do they need to be aimed at the ground, or do they cast light everywhere?

Old 08-07-2006, 08:29 PM

the kit tht i bought was made by StreetGlow. great company and real neons not no fake LED strip. r bright as hell to. got thm at Advanced Autoparts

Old 08-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

cathodes are preaty much like neons BUT they are smaller and with the neons ive used these are much brighter than any neons ive had before!

leds are geting into popular due to they dont break as easy as neons. BUT i dont like em cause you cannt buy them to custom length
which is another reason i use cold cathodes... they are all seperate bulbs.. comen in 15inch single lengths and dual 12inch and 4inch versions so no matter how much space you want to fill up with lighting... YOU CAN DO IT COMPLETLY!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

Sounds good man. I'm getting 2 12" cold cathodes from www.oznium.com to go under my dash. There in the mail right now Maybe i'll post pics when i get it done.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

definatly do.... and if ya want the bulbs to go in the SMALLEST CRACK... power them on for awhile.. say 5-10min and pull on the wires very lightly..... ya dont wanna pull hard enough to break the wires. the cathode bulb should slide all the way out of that end... THEN JUST BE SURE that the when ya pull the bulb out that the bulb isnt on.LOL cause if you touch that bare wire running to the other side ive heard its a preaty good shock.LOL then just try and glue the bulb up with the bare wire up outta the way....
and im a fan of just a simple glue gun just clean the spot alittle and slap on some glue
and if ya dont like it just pull the glue off and restart

and if ya want it back in the tube just turn the light on again for a min turn it off and just slide it back in back to normal

Quick Reply: Underbody Neon Pics?